What trigger kit to get for my 9mm shield?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Hello all,

have not posted in a while but read stuff here a lot.

I have arthritic hands first of all. Secondly, I swear the trigger pull on my shield feels a lot heavier than the 6.5 lbs that's advertised.

So with that in mind, I'm looking for suggestions on a trigger kit for the shield. It's for everyday carry so I wouldn't want it too light. Also where's the best place to order it from and who (close to the Noblesville area) can install it for me?!

thanks for listening
    Roger

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apex makes great products but "easy to install" is a stretch IMHO.. If you've done a couple and have the tools it's not a bad job but a bit more complicated than working on a Glock.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I have an M&P 40c and I too have been trying to decide which trigger kit I should get. The apex site lists the duty carry and the competition carry kits. I understand that these are 2 different kits. There is also a forward set sear kit. and the aluminum or the polymer trigger enhancement kits.
    I want to get the duty carry kit, but should I also consider one or both of the other kits.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If you order the duty carry kit you get a new sear too. If you want a forwardset you can do some ttweaking with a small screwdriver. Don't need a new sear just for that.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I had Charlie (NHT3) install the forward set sear kit with the polymer trigger in my 9c. I went with the 5lb trigger. Best money I have spent on an enhancement in I don't know how long.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Just picked up my M&P 9MM after having the Apex FSS installed & it's night vs day difference... I can't wait to test it tomorrow at Friday Night Steel!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Apex makes great products but "easy to install" is a stretch IMHO.. If you've done a couple and have the tools it's not a bad job but a bit more complicated than working on a Glock.

NRA Life Member-- GSSF member
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor Certified Glock armorer

I found it really easy to install. But im very mechanically inclined. Plus im used to ripping 1911's apart. So the M&P was a breeze compared to a 1911.

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I just can't see myself attempting to do it.
    Need to find someone around here to do it for me
    but after reading everybody's replies, I'm sure I wanna get it done. Thanks for all the help
    Roger.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just can't see myself attempting to do it.
    Need to find someone around here to do it for me
    but after reading everybody's replies, I'm sure I wanna get it done. Thanks for all the help
    Roger.

Look up ZR Tacitical Solutions in Noblesville. Zach could order the parts and install it for you.

Tripmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I recently installed the Apex duty kit in my Shield. The lower trigger springs and new sear were no problem. Removal of the rear sights to install the USB is another story. The guys at ZX Gun in Fort Wayne had a sight pusher and was able to install it with no problem. They were so helpful I went back and purchased a S&W 937-2 Gunsmoke the next day.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    The stock shield trigger is one of the best. As I EDC this without the safety, i dont understand going to a super light trigger, mine is like 4.5 or 5 lbs. Now on the M&P9c or any M&P, apex all the way. I must be ignorant. Are you using the shield for something else? (like IDPA)

Tripmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    The stock shield trigger is one of the best. As I EDC this without the safety, i dont understand going to a super light trigger, mine is like 4.5 or 5 lbs. Now on the M&P9c or any M&P, apex all the way. I must be ignorant. Are you using the shield for something else? (like IDPA)

In my case I ended up with a MA compliant Shield with a 10+ lb. trigger. The Apex transformed the trigger. I haven't tested the pull but Apex claims it is a 5.5 pull weight but much smother and less gritty.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    The FSS is the best trigger for a M&P IMHO. I've done 3 of them so far and they're supper easy to do. Unfortunately, they don't make it for the Shield.

Top Bottom