what type of double mag carrier do you carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    At the moment I only carry a single mag in a mag carrier, however I have been thinking about upgraded to a double mag carrier. There are so many choices out there I want to know what other people carry. How are Ravens quick ship double mag carriers? The carrier I use at the moment is a Kytex shooting gear single mag carrier and I was thinking about just getting their double mag carrier. What type of double mag carrier do you carry?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    A leather one made by a friend of mine. He does really nice work too. He made me a nice carry belt so the gun & holster doesn't sag and it gives me a solid base for my draw plus he made the holster as well. One stop shopping.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The only double I have is a Fobus...that I've only worn to training classes.

Up until recently, I was only carrying a double stack gun, so only 1 reload (if I wore a reload....ahem)

I have a total of three single mag pouches for extra DS mags, and only 1 mag pouch for a single stack.

It was hard enough to convince myself I needed to carry A reload - let alone two.

Though having an easily donable / doffable single-stack rig MAY be warranted at some point in the future.

I DO really like Ravens stuff - but I rarely, if ever, wear it. It's hard to thread my belt through it and then get it where it's comfortable on my waist, get it where it needs to be in relationship to the belt loops, etc.

In all honesty, two single pouches worn close together may better suit your needs than one hard-to-use double.

-J-

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I tried the two singles decades ago, pre-desk butter, and I found that they slid around more both during wrasslin' on the ground and just in getting up and down or in and out of the car. YMMV.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Henry Holsters (amhenry on INGO). Top notch stuff. Quality materials and comfortable. Rides nicely on my hip and is hard to see even under fairly tight tshirts.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Galco holster. Tagua mag. carrier.
    2ahbdsl.jpg

NBLSVL.EDC.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I have a Fobus double mag carrier...paddle-style, not belt-loop.

It gets the job done, however it has little sharp plastic parts that dig into my side.

Maybe, if I lost a few pounds it would help.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Double Take

I've been using it for over 10 years, first for 1911 mags and then for Sig P220 mags. It's still like new. Granted, they are a bit on the pricey side, especially compared to what they cost in '02...

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    For my G 19 I use a Blackhawk double mag carrier. I switch it out during the winter to a Fobus single mag/6P light carrier. When carrying my G 20, it's a Galco leather double mag carrier.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I also carry a G19 with a Blackhawk! double mag pouch. I wear the mags at 4 o'clock so threading the pouch on or off my belt is no big deal. One advantage of shooting left-handed, I guess.

For my G 19 I use a Blackhawk double mag carrier. I switch it out during the winter to a Fobus single mag/6P light carrier. When carrying my G 20, it's a Galco leather double mag carrier.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Fobus with belt carry, and double with my shoulder rig. To me, it's more about side to side balance than the possibility of needing that many rounds. As a rule, none of my mags are full, but 2-3 rounds light for balance.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a Fobus and a High Noon but have really only used the High Noon. I've had it in a couple of training classes as well as carried it a few times - ultimately went to single mag carriers but wouldn't hesitate to recommend the High Noon.

Double Skin

Top Bottom