What type of tactical pen do you carry? If any.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have a Surefire and a Benchmade. I personally prefer the Surefire. It doesn't scream "I'M A WEAPON" quite as bad as the Surefire, and it's easier on my shirt pockets.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    399A5B82-9BFA-455F-93AD-1C29D3D790AB_zpscu9oovs6.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have a box full of THE BETTER Retractable, fine point, black ink.

They are very stabby, I murder the hell out of invoices, daily, with them.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I think he meant the surefire doesn't scream im a weapon quite as bad as the bench made.

I agree the bench made looks very much more like a defensive weapon than the surefire.

Yup, that's what I mean. The Benchmade looks like it's designed to stab stuff with. The Surefire however does not, but is still as rigid. I've taken the Surefire one through TSA Security several times with no problem, but I'm not sure I would want to with the Benchmade.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I have an Uzi Tactical pen that looks very tactical. I don't really carry it all that much. I do, however, carry a Zebra F-701, as others have mentioned. Overall a very nice pen, and could definitely put a hurtin on someone if need be.

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have a few. I carry a CRKT Tao by Allen Elieshwitz. Also the Elite Tactical designed by Tom Anderson. About 20% of the finish is off that one. I colect them for the design work, being a lathe person.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Zebra F-701, its not a tactical pen but its solid metal construction and it could work as a self defense tool.

F701's aren't nearly as tough as they look. I snapped one stabbing a cardboard target. My all-plastic run of the mill Pilot G2 held up better. The 701 is metal, but not "solid metal" as in one continuous piece of steel. The barrel and the knurled grip are held together by a thin and brittle plastic tube.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I have the CRKT Tao pen, it's not overly "Look at me! I'm an improvised weapon!" in appearance, however I find it inconvenient to use just as a pen, as it takes some time to unthread the cap to jot something down quickly. It uses the standard Fisher space pen refills, which seem to last a while and write fairly well.

I've seen the Surefire pens, they're nicely made as would be expected from my favorite flashlight company.

I've always been interested in the Fellhoelter Ti-Bolts, those are sweet, as are the Hinderer pens.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    F701's aren't nearly as tough as they look. I snapped one stabbing a cardboard target. My all-plastic run of the mill Pilot G2 held up better. The 701 is metal, but not "solid metal" as in one continuous piece of steel. The barrel and the knurled grip are held together by a thin and brittle plastic tube.

Top Bottom