• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Take the test first, WHAT KIND OF TYPOLOGY ARE YOU?

• Total voters

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    My wife and I were both classified as disaffected.

We both found some of the questions difficult to answer because they required cut-and-dried answers to complex issues.

Basically, we're both political moderates, except on moral issues... I suppose we're just hopelessly unenlightened bigots according to contemporary trends.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This test put me at Disaffected. I strongly disagree, however. Contrary to the description, I do care about politics, I've been to college (let's never mind the fact that I opted not to finish), I am concerned with environmental policies but mainly for the reason that I don't think it's the government's business, not because they affect jobs, and I'm actually rather opposed to hefty reliance on welfare.

Perhaps the main difference is in ideology, not so much the actual stance on the issues. Also, I think it's more than a little unfortunate that Libertarians are lumped into the Independent category.

Of course it explains that the descriptions fit in some cases and not in others. If you look at the % of agrees and disagrees like the following question.

Would you favor or oppose a policy allowing immigrants to enter the U.S. legally and work here for a limited period of time, but then they would have to go home?

Disaffected voted 51% opposed and 46% favored where the Enterprisers voted 26% opposed and 71% favored.

You will fall in one or the other so not all Disaffected are in lock step, just generally leaning a particular way taken as a whole; therefore, the questions may seem hard to answer but are designed for a purpose.

Of the 5 of my drinking buddies and myself, so far there is one Enterpriser, two Upbeats, and one Liberal. I have yet to hear from the other two. Makes for some interesting discussions. Who do you think argues the most?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Of course it explains that the descriptions fit in some cases and not in others. If you look at the % of agrees and disagrees like the following question.

Would you favor or oppose a policy allowing immigrants to enter the U.S. legally and work here for a limited period of time, but then they would have to go home?

Disaffected voted 51% opposed and 46% favored where the Enterprisers voted 26% opposed and 71% favored.

You will fall in one or the other so not all Disaffected are in lock step, just generally leaning a particular way taken as a whole; therefore, the questions may seem hard to answer but are designed for a purpose.

Of the 5 of my drinking buddies and myself, so far there is one Enterpriser, two Upbeats, and one Liberal. I have yet to hear from the other two. Makes for some interesting discussions. Who do you think argues the most?

I didn't see that question/statement on the test. (in bold)
    I am "Disaffected" (I think that whomever dreamed up the test should take it. No where close to the truth.)

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Enterpriser - not sure if I agree with that. Back in high school in my government class, I was the most conservative by a lot! Let's just say I was liked and hated at the same time...

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Enterpriser - not sure if I agree with that. Back in high school in my government class, I was the most conservative by a lot! Let's just say I was liked and hated at the same time...

Enterpriser means that you are very conservative but maybe a bit less socially than everything else. That's my take.

Flagtag, I think the question in bold came from a whole bunch of questions that were not on the test, but questions that show where the categories fall in, probably asked while developing the questionnaire.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Enterpriser means that you are very conservative but maybe a bit less socially than everything else. That's my take.

Flagtag, I think the question in bold came from a whole bunch of questions that were not on the test, but questions that show where the categories fall in, probably asked while developing the questionnaire.

Ok. The way that the wording is set up can change the meaning and, of course the answer. (thereby, possibly, altering the true responses.)

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I came out as a Disaffected but think that isn't a true picture. Maybe because I am morally liberal (?) and conservative in other areas it bumped me there. It sure isn't because I am uneducated or uninterested in the world and politics.....

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    It said Disaffected for me, but as i read the discription, it didn't match how i answered most of the questions. It seemed to weigh a few answers much heavier. Like Annie Oakley, i have a college degrea and it said i'm uneducated. I said i care about the environment and it's description said i think the gov't not try to protect the environment because it'll screw it up.

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    Liberal

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Liberal typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues. Liberals represent 17 percent of the American public, and 19 percent of registered voters.

Basic Description
    This group has nearly doubled in proportion since 1999, Liberals now comprise the largest share of Democrats and is the single largest of the nine Typology groups. They are the most opposed to an assertive foreign policy, the most secular, and take the most liberal views on social issues such as homosexuality, abortion, and censorship. They differ from other Democratic groups in that they are strongly pro-environment and pro-immigration, issues which are more controversial among Conservative and Disadvantaged Democrats.
    Defining Values
    Strongest preference for diplomacy over use of military force. Pro-choice, supportive of gay marriage and strongly favor environmental protection. Low participation in religious activities. Most sympathetic of any group to immigrants as well as labor unions, and most opposed to the anti-terrorism Patriot Act.
    Who They Are
    Most (62%) identify themselves as liberal. Predominantly white (83%), most highly educated group (49% have a college degree or more), and youngest group after Bystanders. Least religious group in typology: 43% report they seldom or never attend religious services; nearly a quarter (22%) are seculars. More than one-third never married (36%). Largest group residing in urban areas (42%) and in the western half the country (34%). Wealthiest Democratic group (41% earn at least $75,000).
    Lifestyle Notes
    Largest group to have been born (or whose parents were born) outside of the U.S. or Canada (20%). Least likely to report having a gun at home (23%) or attending bible study or prayer group meetings (13%).
    2004 Election
    Bush 2%, Kerry 81% Party ID
    59% Democrat; 40% Independent/No Preference, 1% Republican (92% Dem/Lean Dem) Media Use
    Liberals are second only to Enterprisers in following news about government and public affairs most of the time (60%). Liberals’ use of the internet to get news is the highest among all groups (37%).

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wow Darklight, too bad. LOL Kidding. I have many, sometimes heated, discussions with one of my Liberal and very good friends who would not be caught dead on this forum. He believes that banning all guns will rid the country of them and all will be good so I tell him that most gun crime is due to drugs so if the country would just ban drugs, oops, never mind.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Liberal

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Liberal typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues. Liberals represent 17 percent of the American public, and 19 percent of registered voters.

Basic Description
    This group has nearly doubled in proportion since 1999, Liberals now comprise the largest share of Democrats and is the single largest of the nine Typology groups. They are the most opposed to an assertive foreign policy, the most secular, and take the most liberal views on social issues such as homosexuality, abortion, and censorship. They differ from other Democratic groups in that they are strongly pro-environment and pro-immigration, issues which are more controversial among Conservative and Disadvantaged Democrats.
    Defining Values
    Strongest preference for diplomacy over use of military force. Pro-choice, supportive of gay marriage and strongly favor environmental protection. Low participation in religious activities. Most sympathetic of any group to immigrants as well as labor unions, and most opposed to the anti-terrorism Patriot Act.
    Who They Are
    Most (62%) identify themselves as liberal. Predominantly white (83%), most highly educated group (49% have a college degree or more), and youngest group after Bystanders. Least religious group in typology: 43% report they seldom or never attend religious services; nearly a quarter (22%) are seculars. More than one-third never married (36%). Largest group residing in urban areas (42%) and in the western half the country (34%). Wealthiest Democratic group (41% earn at least $75,000).
    Lifestyle Notes
    Largest group to have been born (or whose parents were born) outside of the U.S. or Canada (20%). Least likely to report having a gun at home (23%) or attending bible study or prayer group meetings (13%).
    2004 Election
    Bush 2%, Kerry 81% Party ID
    59% Democrat; 40% Independent/No Preference, 1% Republican (92% Dem/Lean Dem) Media Use
    Liberals are second only to Enterprisers in following news about government and public affairs most of the time (60%). Liberals’ use of the internet to get news is the highest among all groups (37%).

I'm there with ya :P I think it's mainly because I'm very liberal on social/moral issues and I didn't take a strong stance on the environmental issues. Also it dodged most of my more conservative topics. (/cough 2nd amendment)

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Enterpriser.

But this questions were skewed.

I am socially liberal.
    Financially conservative.
    I am for big military.
    I am anti wellfare.
    I am for LEGAL immigration.
    I am for shipping illegal immigrants home, on their dime.
    If there is oil under my house, DRILL FOR IT.
    I could go on...............................but I am tried.

Top Bottom