• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierglock40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I always leave my Glock on the night stand when I sleep, one in the tube ready to go. I woke up last night and my G23 was laying next to me in bed!! Scared the :poop::poop: out of me, as Lord only knows how I was grabbing it. I think from now on I will start leaving the chamber empty or putting it in the drawer.

Has anyone else ever had this happen before or am I just crazy?

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    If I use a striker fired gun as a nightstand weapon, it is always empty chamber...if it has a safety that must be manually operated, then I trust it to be fully loaded. Current set-up is a Glock 17 w/light...chamber empty.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I leave my Glock loaded on the night stand next to me while I sleep. I leave it in the holster though, that way there are no accidental fingers in the trigger guard.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Sounds to me like you were dreaming about that time you shot yourself in the stomach while asleep.

I leave mine next to the bed when I sleep (next to my phone, under my light) , but in a holster.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My Springfield XDM is under the pillow in a partially unzipped soft case, one in the chamber, muzzle pointing toward the outside of the bed away from my wife.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I keep my HD gun under the pillow. Pointed in a safe direction with safety on. I've never moved it in my sleep though, that would be scary.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I never actually sleep-handled my HD gun...but Mr.Jet did wake me from yelling "I NEED MY GUN!! GET ME MY GUN!!!" (of course from his perspective, it sounded more like "UH neem guhh! Geh meen gahh!). Then I sleep slapped him.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    My SR9 is on the nightstand, in a holster, and is also pointed away from the bed. Chambered. But really, my go to gun sits in one of these....
    [video=youtube;LsV50T5uEyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=LsV50T5uEyw[/video]

Bandsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Pike County
    When I come in for the evening, my G17 goes in an inexpensive metal gun case. Locked, but with the key left in the lock. At night, I set it on the nightstand the same way. I figure I can quickly access the weapon,yet be sure I am wide awake when I do so. Whenever there are kids in the house, the key goes in my pocket. For me, a gun under the pillow would be a recipe for disaster.

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I dunno. If he can grab it off the nightstand while asleep, he can remove it from a holster while asleep. Unless he didn't actually grab it and just accidentally swept it off the nightstand while thrashing around.

If he really did "grab" it while asleep I'd be a bit concerned. I once dated a girl who moved about the room and talked to me while asleep and she never remembered any of it. I'd be freaked to think someone was handling a weapon like that.

To the OP...you didn't do any shrooms before bed, did you?

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've trained myself to sleep with my loaded gun in my hand with my finger on the trigger and have never had any problems. I do need to figure out why my air mattress sprung a leak though.....

Top Bottom