What was/is The “Cheapest” Handgun(s) You Owned?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cheapest I bought was a Rock Island Armory Tac Ultra FS in 45acp. $400 on Gun Broker and when I got it the guy at the shop thought it was new. Definitely looked that way. For sure wasn't carried.
    Several hundred rounds and it's been super reliable. Glad it's my carry gun.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    About 15 years ago I owned a Taurus model 85. Think it was around $200. Used it as a back up gun when I was doing security work.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Back in the early '80's while working in the evenings at the old Speedway Shooters Supply we got a batch of FIE Titans in, and I got me one for $49.95.
    That little gun rarely had any problems. Finally sold it to my boss (now my FIL) and he still has it.
    Might have to see about offering him what he paid for it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I can't remember most of the prices, but a Kel-tec .380, a LCP and a Phoenix .22. All cheap and all gone. In 1987 I bought my first handgun. A Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag brand new for $210. It ain't going anywhere. Couple of nice FEG Hi-Powers too for good prices, I wish $50! They are keepers too.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    D32.jpg

This one. Davis D32 in powerhouse .32 ACP.
    I think I gave $50 for it. It actually worked for a while, but broke a long time ago. It won't fire anymore, not sure what's wrong with it.
    It sits on a curio shelf as office decor now.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Police auction in the early 1990s. Picked up a half dozen guns for under $200.00. Cheapest was a Gercuda 7 shot .32 S&W revolver for $5.00. Yep, the transfer fee was more than the gun.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    D32.jpg

This one. Davis D32 in powerhouse .32 ACP.
    I think I gave $50 for it. It actually worked for a while, but broke a long time ago. It won't fire anymore, not sure what's wrong with it.
    It sits on a curio shelf as office decor now.

I have a $50 bill for you if it starts taking up too much space. My grandfather carried that gun and it disappeared the day he died.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    A Rossi .38 Special bag of parts for $5.00. No trigger, cylinder didn't fit, front sight on barrel was twisted. I took it to one of those $50 buybacks. You know how the cops at gun show entrances always wrap a nylon strap through the cylinder or action to keep the hand gun inoperable? I received high praise for already wrapping the cylinder to the barrel. I was being proactive!! I was a do-good-er! (No, it was the only way I could keep the cylinder with the barrel. ) Best $45 I ever made!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Police auction in the early 1990s. Picked up a half dozen guns for under $200.00. Cheapest was a Gercuda 7 shot .32 S&W revolver for $5.00. Yep, the transfer fee was more than the gun.

1. I did that around late 80s or so!
    2. Before I moved, I was cleaning out a file cabinet in the garage and found a "gun" file which had all kinds of receipts in there and one was from an auction: 22s, 38s, shotguns and the like: cheap, cheap.
    3. I had to return one of the guns b/c they discovered it had been stolen. :dunno:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I inherited an AMT .380 backup from my F-I-L when he passed. It seems reliable, but is awful to shoot. He bought it on a whim at a gun show, no idea what he paid for it. My M-I-L, to this day, has no idea why he bought it. I have no idea why he bought it.

I told her, because he had the money, and 'Merica!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think that the cheapest handgun I have bought would be a Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/WM. I paid $159 brand new and still have it. It's been a great little revolver for plinking even if it's not all that accurate. The hand spring broke on it and I ordered a couple of extras for $12. Other than that, it's been perfectly reliable and is a great way to burn up ammo that will not cycle in semi-autos.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Cheapest? An Iver Johnson black powder break top.

Cost: Free

Value: 'bout what I paid for it.

The cheapest handgun that I want but haven't bought is a hi-point. I want a hi-point just to say; "Hey, I have one and its not that bad". Just haven't found one cheap enough...

Top Bottom