What was/is The “Cheapest” Handgun(s) You Owned?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    My dad's little carry (in his guitar case, in the '50s), I inherited, is a HR 9-shot .22. Pretty cheap, even as .22s go.

I have had it completely apart, cleaned it the best it has ever been cleaned, tightened up a rivet or two and oiled it all down well. It shoots fine.
    As a family heirloom, I do not plan to shoot it again. It is in storage.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I think that the cheapest handgun I have bought would be a Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/WM. I paid $159 brand new and still have it. It's been a great little revolver for plinking even if it's not all that accurate. The hand spring broke on it and I ordered a couple of extras for $12. Other than that, it's been perfectly reliable and is a great way to burn up ammo that will not cycle in semi-autos.

1. Funny you should say, "great way to burn up ammo that will not cycle in semi-autos," b/c that is my attitude when I find something that won't cycle in a semi.
    2. I can't imagine not having a revolver to salve yourself if you bought some ammo at bulk, just to find it won't work: happened to me over a box of CCI 1230 and 1260 or 1280 HOLLOW points for my Bersa Thunder I bought new just b/c it was all-metal and small. 1400 FPM does perfect even though it is a hollow point (bucket of Winchester, I think).

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    ive had a couple of cheap (inexpensive) 22LR pistols over the years, one was a LLama i paid $50 for, a really nice beretta 70S i gave $45 (spare mag cost me almost that much!) both of them are long gone now :-(
    probably the best deal i got was on a trade in norinco 1911. guy bought it and said it "didnt work" i picked it up, and saw what the problem was.... looked like the feed ramp had been cut with a hammer and dull chisel. 5 minutes with a dremel, and problem solved

:cheers:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Several Ruger P94DC pistols - police turn-ins with night sights and Hogue grips. A little cosmetically worn but quite serviceable. Less than $180 each, plus $40 to have Trijicon renew the night sights. Never a problem with them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    SCCY CPX 2, 9mm Ruger LCP, 380 both poorest trigger I ever experienced. Both for about $200. SOLD to dealer.
    Sig Sauer mosquito. So bad that even Sig Sauer denies any knowledge of it. Obtained in trade. Could not sell. Maybe I will try a junk yard.

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    I have enjoyed this thread. My very first handgun was a little .38 special I gave $35 for. I don’t even remember the brand as it has been at least 30 yrs ago.

I sold it it to my brother some years later and I bet he still has it. Kind of makes me want to get it back for sentimental sake, lol.

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    Taurus 38 snub nose for 200$ a little ruff around the edges but it worked well and helped me try out revolvers.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Ruger LCP II that I picked up on sale at Cabela's. Don't remember the price, but it was cheaper than anything online and I had a coupon good on any purchase over $150. Only time I ever had a problem with it was with some Armscor ammo that I was trying out (the box is still sitting in front of me, mostly full).

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Nagant revolver I picked up in 2012 when they were still $100. Traded it during the 2013 ammo crunch for ar mags and 556.
    My chiappa 1873-22 revolver ties it.

Radtgaeb

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Ruger EC9. 220 out the door. It hasn't given me a reason to not carry it, but I do hate the mag disconnect.

Top Bottom