• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    Hopefully the switch to Sig's will cut down on the number of ND's happening during the overly complicated Glock disassembly process...?

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    From what I was told by one of the senior state police folks, the mags did not always drop free. I don't recall him saying much about reliability issues different from that, but there may be more. The mags not dropping free was a big issue though.
    Glock mags were never intended to drop free.

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    The newer mags that would have come with the gen. 3 guns should be drop free. The 1st gen. mags. were not but haven't been made in years. From what I understand is the europeans don't think a quick reload is needed as much as we do. The cz75 actually has a brake installed in the mag. well to prevent it from dropping out on the ground.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Empty mags weren't dropping free. Glock offered a stainless baseplate for the mag to make it heavier and suggested buffing the molding ridge off. ISP didn't like adding weight. There were also reports of strikers failing. Sounded like a bad lot of material.

Personal opinion: When they chose to go with the Sig, it wasn't even released yet, and they went to the .45 not to long ago. Somebody got paid.....

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I'm curious why that is. What advantage is there to a mag that requires two hands to remove?
    I will not quote the articles but you can read them in "Glock The new wave in combat handguns. Pages 216 and 246. I have seen other references but don't recall where. Other law enforcement agencies also had issues with the magazines.

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Glock offered a stainless baseplate for the mag to make it heavier and suggested buffing the molding ridge off. ISP didn't like adding weight. There were also reports of strikers failing.

Not true

Somebody got paid.....

Are you suggesting a conspiracy?

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Corruption, not conspiracy. Do you have any other logical explanation for choosing an unproven model as a police issue weapon?

I somewhat wonder how weapons get their reliability rating from? Oh, maybe the time proven designs that sig has used for 25+ years? Nah......Teething issues will arise with all weapons, but its how many teething issues that will occur is what sets the quality apart from reliability.

Top Bottom