• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Three days after my wife got robbed by a looser with a knife, she got a Steyr S9 and I got a Steyr S40. Identical guns except for caliber. We figured if something happend where one of us had to use the others gun, it would have the same safety, sights, and overall feel. We both put a lot of rounds through them and learned how to shoot and carry a handgun with them. Neither of us has shot them in several years now, but we still have them. They really are great guns, but Steyr handguns never really caught on. We keep them now, more for sentimental reasons, but I keep thinking I may pull mine out of the safe one of these days and carry it again. I would just need to get used to the triangle sights and the safety in the trigger guard again.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    mclovin,
    welcome to ingo. Keep that S&W 40 smoking, but don't forget the wheelguns. Auto's are for defense, but nothing like sixguns for a fun day of shooting. I've moved away from the autos in the last few years and returned to my childhood days of revolvers. I shoot target alot so I've gone to 8" barrels with that long sight radius and accuracy. Don't really figure to be in a gun fight. Just a fight with my buddies about who can hit that 50 yard gong. They can shoot that plastic all they want, and with their quick mag change, they can spray away. It's not really a fair comparison in that game.

s4win

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    indy
    At 27, just purchased my first gun. Though not a high dollar piece, it's something my wife can handle if the need should arise. Kel tec Pf9

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    A Springfield Armory XD45 Gen 1 5in Tactical "Compact" SN US690001 bought from Bradis when I lived in INDY (2003) stolen in Terre Haute (2009)

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I am 26 and got into guns/defensive pistol a few years ago after walking into my apartment WHILE it was being ransacked. My eyes were not adjusted to the dark and the son of a ***** got out the window into the dark and jump a few fences. I chased after him but going from bright room light to pitch black I could not see a thing. At the time I had my 10" bowie knife on the coffee table that was stolen. I soon realized after the incident that had any hand to hand altercation happened I could have died by my own knife.

I got serious into researching handguns and I kept falling back into my old school likeness of the 1911. After a year and a half of searching for the 1911 for me, and in my price range, I found a 1994 Springfield Armory 1911A1, 5 mags, and a hard case for a good deal. I jumped on it and that was all she wrote. The damn gun is a dream.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Czech flaregun, brand new in the leather carry pouch for about $35.00. That was over 15 years ago. I've sure had a lot of fun shooting various flareguns, I'm just sad that I only get to do it once or twice a year.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought my first handgun in early 1984.
    It was a Smith & Wesson Chrome Plated Model 19 revolver.
    I paid $309 for it at Don's Guns at 96th and Keystone.

Once I got into guns more, I quickly learned that Don's Guns wasn't exactly the best place to deal with.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom