• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    First handgun, Colt Commander in 9mm. Traded a 270 rifle because there was no long range places to shoot. Colt couldn't hit a round barn while standing inside. Traded it for a 7 1/2" Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt. Now that was a gun! Wish I still had it. It also got me started in handloading. That was '72.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    My 1st was a 30Cal.luger made by dmw all matching # bought it when i was 17 from a customer that bought gas at the service station i worked at . that was about 1956 paid $35 or 40 dollars
    which was 1/2 weeks pay .Wish i still had it. It was a jewell, :twocents:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Beretta 92fs. Bought it during college in California. I have never shot it well, though. I don't like the looks of it nearly as much now as I did back then, but it certainly has a distinct design that makes it instantly recognizable.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ruger KP-95DC 9mm, back in June of 1996.

It was as reliable as any of my Glocks, but was also physically large (even though Ruger bills it as a "compact") and had an abysmal trigger pull (14 lbs. DA, lots of take-up in SA). My wife really liked shooting it (more than I did!), but I got rid of it a few years later.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Original Ruger 3 screw single six .22 with the extra .22mag cylinder. 6" barrel. I have the Original box and all. It was a gift to me from My Dad. Still have it, will never get rid of it. It's one of the nicest .22 cal pistols I have ever shot!!!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    my sweet uncle sugar gave me a 1911a1 and a suppressed smith 9mm to play with for awhile. first one i bought was a smith 39. traded it for a colt ser 70.
    no longer have any of them. damn.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What is the -2 designation?

Second variation. Indicates change(s) of some sort from the preceding version (-1 or no dash?), but I have no idea what those changes would be. S&W uses the "dash" system for all their revolvers and Third-Gen autos... I believe the Model 60s are up to -9 now. Never seen a dash number associated with the Sigma or M&P autos.

A good friend of mine has a factory nickel 39-2 that he bought from a buddy for $250 a few years ago. It was *pristine* and in the original box with the original warranty card... He has since shot the living crap out of it, and it's never missed a lick and still looks great! Trigger pull is nothing to write home about, reassembly is kind of a PITA, and it is a big gun for a single-stack 9mm by today's standards, but it was state of the bad-ass art in 1976!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Glad to hear that many report the 39 series is a good reliable pistol. Just picked up a 639 with the intent of using it for Friday Nite Steel. Figured the weight would keep the recoil down and I can shoot it in Single Stack.
    Had some new sights fitted and the trigger smoothed up. Now if I could jsut find mags. Midway is backordered and I picked up some others out of shotgun news. Hope they get here in time and work.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    A stainless Rossi .38 spl. with a four inch barrel.

Actually, it wasn't all that bad of a revolver, considering its low price point. Not as smooth or pretty as a S&W, but it worked fine.

I ended up giving it to a friend who was in need of a defensive handgun, [he had a Raven .25] and was pretty much broke at the time.

Top Bottom