• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    My grandpa recommended the Colt Woodsman, which was the go-to rimfire semi of his hunting days. They didn't make them anymore, so I got a Colt Cadet. Same basic idea (I think the mags are even interchangable) but with a bull barrel. Great little .22 - still does a great job for plinking!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I learned to shoot on a High Standard .22, Ruger Security Six and a Colt Gold Cup.
    The first gun I ever bought was a Ruger P95, but it didn't stay around too long before it got traded in on a Springfield 1911 loaded stainless model. But that too didn't last long it got traded in on a stainless Kimber Classic Custom, which got traded in on something at KS&E and Darrel has had it ever since then!!!

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    First "pistol" was a Hamilton .22 single shot rifle. The barrel was cut down to 6 in and a homemade pistol grip was installed. This was legal back then: 1940 something. First Real handgun was a H&R Sportsman .22 revo. I still have one of those guns. Ain't gonna say which.:patriot:

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    It was 1989 and I purchased a new stainless .357 mag. Ruger GP100 with a 4" full lug barrel. It's the the bottom one in the picture.
    gp100s.jpg

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    My first was a Ruger 22 convertible. I sill have it to this day. Bought it in Bloomington in the old strip mall. Paid something like $85.00 for it.
    That was about 1972. I had to safety upgrade done done on it through
    Ruger and have the original parts back.

Ruxpin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    First cartridge handgun was a Dan Wesson Model 15-2 .357 mag. w/6 inch barrel bought new about 1976.

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    I'll play, my first handgun was given to me by my father, a Colt Diamond back in .22LR w/ a 4" barrel:rockwoot:. Love that gun, its a tack driver. First one I bought was a Taurus NON pro PT 140. It didn't last long.:noway:

Top Bottom