• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I have yet to have a "bad carry experience". I just wanted to start a thread on the worst of the worst. Did the cops come? Did the SWAT team show up? Did someone scream? Lay it out. I mean... how bad could it be. Right? :popcorn:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    As a youngster, I did bank runs for a university (pick up & deliver cash). They issued me an old beatup S&W model 10 in a completley worn out holster... no retention strap.
    As I got out of the car.... yup, that revolver clanged onto the concrete and proceeded to clatter across the sidewalk. Dozens of people stood and watched me chase that revolver while cursing up a storm. Red-faced, I reholstered and just went on my business like it was all part of the job. That model 10 never did look the same after that.:dunno:

Amazingly, nobody reported it. I sure didn't!!!:rolleyes:

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    i had a pop gun in the park in brazil on the fourth of july several years ago,gun looked like a real colt 45..someone seen me carrying it back to my car to put it up and told the cops,i got put in handcuffs and got the coulda been shot spill.....

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Two bad ones. I think this was the worst.

1) Got pulled over in Aurora, CO when I was about 20. LE asks me for my license and registration. My passenger drops the gloves box and the next thing I know I have a pistol pointed at the side of my head and an officer yelling at me to put my f'ing hands where he can see them. Reason: I had put my pellet pistol in the glove box of my truck and had forgotten about it. The rest of what happened during this encounter I don't even want to talk about.

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Worst one I had was actually not with my gun!

I was riding in the backseat of this guys car and we were talking about our stuff. He was telling me about his new carry piece and pulled it out to hand it to show me and it slipped and pointed at me pulp fiction style. Nothing happened, but I was not really wanting my brains all over the backseat!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Two Martinsville cops rolled up during a face to face buy from another INGO member! Could have been eventful, but it wasn't really.

wbjenks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Noblesville
    MANY years ago my "bad" experience went like this...........I was carrying a S&W 36 in a worthless Uncle Mike's holster with the plastic clip. Went to the back of the car, in winter to get some things out for my wife. Was new to CC and turned rather fast, bumped the car door and ......dropped the revolver on the ice, in the snow. I don't think anyone saw me but I know I turned several colors of RED! Reholstered, and carried the boxes into the school.

The incident forced me to buy a substantial holster and have never experienced a dropped from the holster gun again. Oh yes, I was new to Indiana law and was in a school parking lot as my wife is a teacher. Oh yes, this could have been very interesting. LEARN THE LAW!

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    You mean like the time I was in a major retail store with my little girls and bent over to look at shoes for one of them and my snubbie dropped out of my coat pocket (inside breast pocket on a winter coat) onto the floor with a rather loud thud?
    The girls eyes got really big and fortunately no one else saw what happened. I thanked my daughters for not hollering and used it as a teachable moment for all of us!

Yea, I now keep that pocket zipped when I am carrying. :whistle:

Buckaroo

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    About 2 months ago I though I would try one of those clip draw things for a 1911 that fits fits underneath a grip panel and allows you to clip the gun to your belt inside the waist band. I usually OC, and thought that might do for times when I need to conceal. Well, I took my almost 2 year old daughter to the local park and put her in one of the baby swings. I decided to swing beside her as she thought it was funny. At some point the clip caught on one of the chain links and yanked the pistol out of my pants and the full size Colt .45 fell to the ground. There was another family there, but if they notice I couldn't tell. Needless to say I went strait home and took the clip off.
    http://www.clipdraw.com/images/1911/install.jpg

lVl_G_D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Mine just has to do with people flipping out unnecessarily in general.

First was a Wal-Mart...had my glock 19 on my hip in the open but it was covered by my jacket as it was cold out. I went to get change from my pocket and the cashier saw it. She got really wide eyed and proceeded to tell me that it was not allowed in the store. I asked why not and her reply was becasue it was a family store...I laughed in her face (politely of course) and finished the transaction.

The next was at Olive Garden, same scenerio, waitress saw the glock on my was out of the booth to go potty. She just about lost it when my buddy told her I was undercover (total lie) and then she seemed to be cool with it...on a side note, we have never had better service there.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    pulled over carrying a 357 desert eagle in a shoulder holster,leo freaked out started speaking unitelligibly, had me put gun back into car(next to my wife?) take out the other gun (my magazines) and gave me a nice 75.00 speeding ticket ,my first offense but the smell of near diffecation was almost worth it

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    had a pellet gun looks just like a 1911 when i was 20 gave it too my dad then am 32 now, i was at my dads saw it on shelf looks like it hadnt been touched since, he asked if i wanted it back, said i would give it to my son to play with hes almost three prolly not the best idea anyways even tough i took out all the parts and it was broken anyways, but we went to mcdonalds one day and someone called the cops and some jerk of a cop made a big scean and said he could have shot me, isaid even tough its my sons toy? i just tru it away after that wasnt worth that, my son was heart broken alittle he carried it around alot before that, thought it was great, he knew it was just a toy and not real ,and not to touch real ones but that one was his.

Top Bottom