What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I had not worn a watch in well over 20myears, but I noted that "business people" with whom I was interviewing wore watches. It seemed like part of the professional interview uniform, so I got a very simple Timex on Amazon to wear to interviews. It's already almost $10 more than when I bought mine in December!

I've probably not worn a watch in over 20 years either.

I have an old Timex Indiglo Iron Man with a broken band in a box somewhere.

Clocks everywhere. If all of them are down, I probably have more urgent concerns than what time it is.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Watches were a bit of a hobby before firearms, so there may be more than I care to admit. Still quite a bit less than some of the guys over on the WatchUSeek forums. The mainstay and what you'll typically see on my wrist is my Seiko SKX009 (the "Pepsi" bezel). No pics at the moment...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Watches were a bit of a hobby before firearms, so there may be more than I care to admit. Still quite a bit less than some of the guys over on the WatchUSeek forums. The mainstay and what you'll typically see on my wrist is my Seiko SKX009 (the "Pepsi" bezel). No pics at the moment...

I know guys that sport watches that cost more than my house! Not a big deal nobody is bragging, if we were, someone here would chime in quickly with a $100,000 time piece, that is their everyday watch, because they have better. Nothing we’ve posted here would hold a candle to anything posted in an actual watch forum.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I know guys that sport watches that cost more than my house! Not a big deal nobody is bragging, if we were, someone here would chime in quickly with a $100,000 time piece, that is their everyday watch, because they have better. Nothing we’ve posted here would hold a candle to anything posted in an actual watch forum.
    Exactly. I value quality, but realistically would never allow myself to pay some of the prices that even some of the "affordable" watches are going for. I do credit WUS for introducing me to the slippery slope of microbrands, to the detriment of my wallet.

Edit: Quite a few of what's been posted (namely the Casios) have a major cult following in the watch community...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Bingo. Hell people post machineguns on here that are worth more than the watches posted in here. Just different hobbies. Its amazing how as we get older the toys just get more pricey lol.
    Speaking of watches that cost as much as a house, my watch guy pulled this little beauty out of the vault to show me. Its not as high as some watches can get but its a respectable $150,000.
    More than I could ever afford. And I let him know that before he went and got it.
    PofZ8Tc.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Bingo. Hell people post machineguns on here that are worth more than the watches posted in here. Just different hobbies. Its amazing how as we get older the toys just get more pricey lol.
    Speaking of watches that cost as much as a house, my watch guy pulled this little beauty out of the vault to show me. Its not as high as some watches can get but its a respectable $150,000.
    More than I could ever afford. And I let him know that before he went and got it.
    PofZ8Tc.jpg
    Hublot’s are teh ghey, simply because I can’t afford one.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My first love was machine guns, albeit, “cheap” ones. UZI, MP-40, AC556, MAC, never had more than $3500 in one. Sold all for 2-3x what I paid. Got into watches, now, I wish I had every machine gun I ever sold back.:(

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My first love was machine guns, albeit, “cheap” ones. UZI, MP-40, AC556, MAC, never had more than $3500 in one. Sold all for 2-3x what I paid. Got into watches, now, I wish I had every machine gun I ever sold back.:(
    Yeah most of the hublots are'nt my cup of tea. Plus they dont hold their value for crap.
    I don't have any desire to have a machinegun now. They're cool, but not something I want my money tied up in. I think they will come for them soon and then all that money will be gone.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah most of the hublots are'nt my cup of tea. Plus they dont hold their value for crap.
    I don't have any desire to have a machinegun now. They're cool, but not something I want my money tied up in. I think they will come for them soon and then all that money will be gone.
    C’mon, you know you’d still like to be able to shift gears every now and then? The only reason I want them back, is to turn a larger profit. At one time I had 2 9mm sub guns, a 556, and a .45, I couldn’t afford to feed any of them, but dammit, I had’em. Fiscal me, found out I could turn a decent profit on them, and boom they were gone. Now I have nothing with a stamp, and like it that way so far. I’m itching for a couple three cans, but am afeared the same as you on manual transmission guns.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    C’mon, you know you’d still like to be able to shift gears every now and then? The only reason I want them back, is to turn a larger profit. At one time I had 2 9mm sub guns, a 556, and a .45, I couldn’t afford to feed any of them, but dammit, I had’em. Fiscal me, found out I could turn a decent profit on them, and boom they were gone. Now I have nothing with a stamp, and like it that way so far. I’m itching for a couple three cans, but am afeared the same as you on manual transmission guns.
    Oh its fun. Its addictive. As with most fun things .... and they mostly all turn out to be expensive and like you I have good taste so usualy that means even before i see a price I've already fell in love with the most expensive one. :):
    Ive got stamps, just no Full Autos. I can swallow a 1300 suppressor becoming monetarily worthless. Losing 20k on a machinegun wouldnt be taken so well, by "the boss" either.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...IME, a Citizen is the Ruger of watches, most bang for the buck. Bulova is a close second...

Citizens are tough to beat. Got our kid this signature series one for a graduation present...

cssigauto1-10.jpg

Stole that pic of the interwebz, cause all mine suck.:rolleyes:

yDMBgO4l.jpg

I had to try it on. You know, just to make sure it was working and whatnot.

I have a buddy who has scored all kinds of higher dollar Eco Drives at Kohl's for dirt cheap. Most $100 or less. But he stops and checks out their clearance bin about daily.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Citizens are tough to beat. Got our kid this signature series one for a graduation present...

cssigauto1-10.jpg

Stole that pic of the interwebz, cause all mine suck.:rolleyes:

yDMBgO4l.jpg

I had to try it on. You know, just to make sure it was working and whatnot.

I have a buddy who has scored all kinds of higher dollar Eco Drives at Kohl's for dirt cheap. Most $100 or less. But he stops and checks out their clearance bin about daily.
    Im a citizens fan too. Cannot beat an eco drive for the money

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Cannot beat an eco drive for the money

My old Eco Drive was a Father's Day present almost 20 years ago. It was my only watch for a lot of those years. That thing has been BEAT. And still keeps better time than any other watch I own.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My old Eco Drive was a Father's Day present almost 20 years ago. It was my only watch for a lot of those years. That thing has been BEAT. And still keeps better time than any other watch I own.
    The power technology in them is just amazing.also like you mention very accurate. I have a couple myself but cant find "family pics" at the moment. Here's one i bought the wife. It also has the radio controlled feature so it sets itself.
    XYOU7AT.jpg

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Most of the Hublot designs I've seen were very obnoxious, big and flashy.
    Something a rapper would wear.
    Not a timeless classy design like a Rolex.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wow, yep, very familiar with that watch and while ive never seen that exact one l, and unmistakably that is THE ONE that every watch guy wants. I do know where one just like it is (just wasnt owned by newman) and I actually was invited to put it on my wrist
    My hand was shaking lol.

Top Bottom