What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville
    After retiring I sold all of my watches except a Seiko for dress occasions and a $7 Walmart watch that’s comfortable & looks good. The money made from selling watches was reinvested in ammo.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Some special-occasion-only watches:
    jIgTeZT.jpg

mnugUZt.jpg

fztTlKB.jpg

znMQtaK.jpg

Hampden Special Railway No.104 from 1904, 23 jewel, 16 size hunter with full Montgomery dial, two-tone with gold-flashed screws, fully adjusted to 5 positions, temperature and isochronism, railroad grade, gold jewel settings and center wheel. Only 500 of these made.

5HyKHwm.jpg

U75KpF6.jpg

Waltham Vanguard from 1924, 23 jewel, 16 size, wind indicator, full Monty dial (!), fully adjusted to 6 positions, temperature and isochronism, railroad grade, gold jewel settings and center wheel

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I've had a few of the high end watches (military issue) but I've been wearing a $30 stainless Timex for about 20 years.
    $30, wear it about a decade, get another one when the band gives up.

If I had to choose between Rolex & Timex, at least Timex keeps time...
    Those Rolex non-magnetic watches the military gave us wouldn't keep time worth a damn, if they ran at all.

I wore a Zodiac divers watch most of the time I was in the military, it worked quite well and tough as nails.

Before the military I had a Zoro watch, the sword was the second hand!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've had a few of the high end watches (military issue) but I've been wearing a $30 stainless Timex for about 20 years.
    $30, wear it about a decade, get another one when the band gives up.

If I had to choose between Rolex & Timex, at least Timex keeps time...
    Those Rolex non-magnetic watches the military gave us wouldn't keep time worth a damn, if they ran at all.

I wore a Zodiac divers watch most of the time I was in the military, it worked quite well and tough as nails.

Before the military I had a Zoro watch, the sword was the second hand!
    I cant speak to budget line rolexes like theyd issue to the military in WWII or whenever but the modern Rolexes are very precise. If someone wants a watch you never have to re-set buy a quarts movement or radio controlled. Watch guys are in it for different reasons but for me its not about how accurate it can be (i like that aspect of it) , although none of my high end automatics miss a beat. They are known for their accuracy. Some may be +/- 7 seconds a day but some arent at all, they are dead on. I havent had any issues. None, zero

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Here I thought in America, Hamilton watches were the issue for Army and Air Farce? Rolex? I know the issue watch in the Army for many years was a Hamilton, and it kept very precise time, hence why it was issued? I’ve also seen many a person deride QUALITY watches, because their Times kept better time, and was infinitely cheaper. Generally, they were the ones that had only seen a Rolex in a magazine or on TV? Anyone that says a timed keeps better time than a quality watch is actually a liar. Times is a good watch for the masses, and keeps time, but there’s a reason Omega, Hamilton, Rolex, etc. are the official time keepers of most events. And it isn’t JUST dollars.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Here I thought in America, Hamilton watches were the issue for Army and Air Farce? Rolex? I know the issue watch in the Army for many years was a Hamilton, and it kept very precise time, hence why it was issued? I’ve also seen many a person deride QUALITY watches, because their Times kept better time, and was infinitely cheaper. Generally, they were the ones that had only seen a Rolex in a magazine or on TV? Anyone that says a timed keeps better time than a quality watch is actually a liar. Times is a good watch for the masses, and keeps time, but there’s a reason Omega, Hamilton, Rolex, etc. are the official time keepers of most events. And it isn’t JUST dollars.
    Yeah, rolex and the daytona comes to mind for racing.
    Or how about Omega speedmaster and The Moonlanding plus other trips to space!! Rolex has been to space too.
    Good enough for NASA and race car event timing, good enough for my fat butt and walking or sitting and glancing at the time ;)

You're exactly right my friend as usual. It isn't just about dollars nor just a name. Well the name(s) of these brands has been well earned.
    I wasn't aware of the details put into these handmade watches until I started doing research. I don't just go blow money even on firearms without doing research. I don't care what name it has on it.
    I would encourage people to watch some youtube videos on rolexes and omegas, and Patek, ect. If you just like to learn new things, I promise that you will be glad you watched.
    And like I said before, I own all different brands. Timex too. I love the history of the pieces.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My experience with Rolex consists of reading about John Roarke's "Rolex Submariner" in the old Survivalist series of books by Jerry Ahern and occasionally learning that someone I know has one.

I have an old Seiko that my parents gave to me as a graduation present (from high school I think) that is kind of of dressy, but I'm not sure where it is. I haven't seen it since the early 1990s at the latest.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I like my apple watch 3. It is way more than a watch and is one of the best purchases I have made. Now to the Rolex: I won a rolex oyster in 1978 in a sales contest and wore it until I cracked the crystal. When I took it to get repair it cost me $350 in 1980 to get repaired. I got it repaired and it has been in my closet every since. Before the Apple watch, I wore a timex for many years, which was a great watch.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, rolex and the daytona comes to mind for racing.
    Or how about Omega speedmaster and The Moonlanding plus other trips to space!! Rolex has been to space too.
    Good enough for NASA
    and race car event timing, good enough for my fat butt and walking or sitting and glancing at the time ;)

You're exactly right my friend as usual. It isn't just about dollars nor just a name. Well the name(s) of these brands has been well earned.
    I wasn't aware of the details put into these handmade watches until I started doing research. I don't just go blow money even on firearms without doing research. I don't care what name it has on it.
    I would encourage people to watch some youtube videos on rolexes and omegas, and Patek, ect. If you just like to learn new things, I promise that you will be glad you watched.
    And like I said before, I own all different brands. Timex too. I love the history of the pieces.

You can say the same about Casio. :)
    A few of their G Shock models are space flight certified by NASA and you can see modern astronauts mainly wear Casio watches in space.

Maybe they still issue Rolex and Omega watches to astronauts (if they issued them) but they probably keep it at home and don't wear them for training and daily use.

Of course if you're a boss like Buzz ****ing Aldrin :patriot:you still wear not one, not two, but three Omega watches everyday.

I thought he had two at first, didn't notice he wears two on the same bracelet on his left wrist.

325399d51525c9334d71141a4fd80b86.jpg

642x856-David-Vintiner-ba-high-life-1166.jpg

What a freaking boss and a true American hero ...

I1bWR0r.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You can say the same about Casio. :)
    A few of their G Shock models are space flight certified by NASA and you can see modern astronauts mainly wear Casio watches in space.

Maybe they still issue Rolex and Omega watches to astronauts (if they issued them) but they probably keep it at home and don't wear them for training and daily use.

Of course if you're a boss like Buzz ****ing Aldrin :patriot:you still wear not one, not two, but three Omega watches everyday.

I thought he had two at first, didn't notice he wears two on the same bracelet on his left wrist.

325399d51525c9334d71141a4fd80b86.jpg

642x856-David-Vintiner-ba-high-life-1166.jpg

What a freaking boss and a true American hero ...

I1bWR0r.jpg
    Hes awesome
    Im a casio G-shock fan

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have a Sieko that I purchased at least 10 years ago. I think I have changed the battery once since then. It's a nice looking watch and very accurate, very durable.

I also have a Timex Expedition that I use occasionally for hunting trips because it is easy to see in the dark. But it doesn't get a lot of use. I have washed deer blood off of my Seiko many times and it doesn't seem to mind it at all.

I also have a Rolex that my mom and dad gave me for Christmas in 1999. It is very sentimental as they had it engraved and dad passed in 2001. I only wear it for special occasions.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    qlUGT81.jpg

Same Casio g-shock wave solar whatever crap I've been wearing for the past 14 or 15 years. My dad gave it to me after he bought another watch. Works flawlessly with zero attention, I wish my guns were half as reliable as this tank.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Well this thread officially cost me $1,400 , just picked up a Hamilton Khaki Automatic Triple Black AKA the Jack Ryan watch. Pictures incoming later

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I have several watches & haven't worn one in decades, Favorite is a gold Lord Elgin..
    Since the cell phone I haven't had a need for one ever since & they sit in boxes in my dresser..

Top Bottom