• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I haven't been in the reloading game long and so far things have been going well. I have a lee classic 4 hole turret press and had no problems for the first hundred or so rounds until this happened...
    IMAG0132.jpg
    . Anybody have this happen before? If so, what caused this and what can I do to fix it? I've used a lot of different types of brass and there is no pattern about what works and what didn't. Thanks in advance for the help.:ingo:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I haven't been in the reloading game long and so far things have been going well. I have a lee classic 4 hole turret press and had no problems for the first hundred or so rounds until this happened... . Anybody have this happen before? If so, what caused this and what can I do to fix it? I've used a lot of different types of brass and there is no pattern about what works and what didn't. Thanks in advance for the help.:ingo:

No picture on my end.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    :)

That is a design "feature" of the Lee dies. It keeps the pins from breaking, theoretically.

You have to lower the pin back to where it belongs and then, using two appropriately-sized wrenches, tighten the **** out of the locking nut. Like, almost as hard as you possibly can. You're not the first person to question this, believe me! ;)

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    That is why i keep coming back to this place. After some tightening of my own and some help from my fathers pop-eye arms, we were able to get it tightened and those pesky cases that were causing me problems were deprimed easily.

John Wayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    LOOK AT THE PRIMER HOLE INSIDE THE BRASS IVE COME ACROSS SOME THAT THE
    PRIMER HOLE WAS NOT CENTERED IN THE BRASS AND THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR PROBLEM
    ALSO. I HAD SOME BRASS WITH THE R P HEADSTAMP THAT WERE OFF- CENTRED SEVERELY

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My Lee dies require that the decapping pin be "nut tight" before they remove the primer without coming out of the die. Pliers and adjustable wrenches will only aggravate, two wrenches of appropriate size work best.
    The Hornady dies have an interesting fix to this, the decapping pin is slightly threaded, as is the inside of the nut, so the pressure required isnt nearly as high.

Top Bottom