• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Just had to post this. During the last snow storm my daughter's boyfriend got really depressed and desided that drinking a whole bottle of vodka and driving were a good mix.

She tried calling him but when she found out he had already had on accident with a snow bank and was still driving, she called the police as he was a danger to himself and others.

When she and the police caught up to him he was arrested and but in the process she thought she had lost her wallet somewhere. A couple days later the Indy police call here and tell her they have her wallet and will bring it to her.

Turns out they saw it on the seat of her car and saw her LTCH so they confiscated the wallet. The reason they gave her was so that they could run it an find out if it was valid.

They never asked her if she was carrying at the time she wasn't. They could have checked on it there but didn't. And they never told her they were taking it.

Sometimes I really think Logic is a lost art form. Only stupid thing was she had already cancelled all her credit cards by they time they let her know they had it, so what a hassle for no reason that I can think of.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    So, basically, the police stole her wallet?
    Oh, wait, they say they "confiscated" it. That's right.
    I would file a complaint and tell the story to anyone that would listen. Press, radio, whatever. Losing a wallet is a real inconvenience. Those cops are jerks.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    So, basically, the police stole her wallet?
    Oh, wait, they say they "confiscated" it. That's right.
    I would file a complaint and tell the story to anyone that would listen. Press, radio, whatever. Losing a wallet is a real inconvenience. Those cops are jerks.

I agree, but since she is only 19 my daughter is still in that you can't fight authority phase. I really wish I would have been there when the police brought it back to her as I would have had a ton of questions on what they thought they were doing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they actually reached in the car and took it without asking or notifying then someone needs a swift kick in the jewels.
    If this is another spoof then the OP is up in line for that....:)

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    I never seem to have a problem with any of them, but being a 19 year old girl my daughter seems tobe a magnet for ones that feel she shpuldn't have a carry license.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Um not a spoof. And not only did they reach in the car, she can't remember if she had it in her car or his. Since they were towing his, I can see them technically be able to take it, just a ****ty thing to do since she was standing right there. If it was in her car they had no business searching it at all.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Just saw I did write her car in the OP. That was my mistake. She isn't sure which car.

Finally found the "Wallet" post as understand many of the replies much better now.

All I'll say is that I wasn't there but tend to believe my daughter and posted the information I believe to be true. I am not some young kid with a handful of posts, I have even been over my 50 for a long time I just don't post much.

Now I remember why.

I have learned a lot off this board and try to post when I think I have something relevant to say, I guess I should limit it to responding to other peoples posts though since the sceptism seems to run deep on new posts.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    The only car they have authority is the boyfriends. Her car (and the wallet) are NOT subject to search and especially not removal...
    I suggest an indy lawyer as this is conversion and under the color of law... I would get dept and officer information that stole the wallet...
    As to your original post... THANKS for calling the police, even though it must have been difficult for the daughter to call in her boyfriend as an imminent public threat to safety. Not predicting a long term relationship going forward... just saying...

And as to the posting... grow thicker skin... and KEEP posting !!!! Ingo members are mostly harmless. :) :)
    You have as much right to be on here as anyone, even with the skepticism... Everyone starts on here at some point with 1 post... I think it was a valuable post...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just saw I did write her car in the OP. That was my mistake. She isn't sure which car.

Finally found the "Wallet" post as understand many of the replies much better now.

All I'll say is that I wasn't there but tend to believe my daughter and posted the information I believe to be true. I am not some young kid with a handful of posts, I have even been over my 50 for a long time I just don't post much.

Now I remember why.

I have learned a lot off this board and try to post when I think I have something relevant to say, I guess I should limit it to responding to other peoples posts though since the sceptism seems to run deep on new posts.
    Lighten up, Francis. It wasn't personal.

And 75 is a handful to some of us. :):

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    A lot of noobs and low count posters have been sensitive lately. If you've been on here for a year and a half then you know how threads like this go. Someone ALWAYS questions the legitimacy of what you're saying. And why shouldn't they? This is the interwebz, anyone can say anything.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    A lot of noobs and low count posters have been sensitive lately. If you've been on here for a year and a half then you know how threads like this go. Someone ALWAYS questions the legitimacy of what you're saying. And why shouldn't they? This is the interwebz, anyone can say anything.
    Are you sure about that?

Top Bottom