• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andyoz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    North Central
    I exposed my kids to guns from the moment they were born. When I had them out cleaning them, they would "help" me clean them.
    It took all the curiosity out of it, they were not and are not interested in showing off or telling their friends about guns.
    To them they are just routine items around the house just like furniture or anything else.

Same thing my dad did with me and that I do with mine now. Eliminate the curiosity and increase respect and safety for firearms.

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    you hit the nail on the head i think andy, if youre gonna have firearms in your house you need to instruct your children on firearms safety and what can happen if they dont have respect for the power of guns. being a youngster and being curious about your dads (or moms) weapons can be dangerous. being a youngster and being INFORMED about guns and the damage they can do is much safer for everyone. Keep it fun, keep it safe!

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    We home school our brood! So in essence, we teach them everything! And safe handling, over knowledge and functionality of firearms is a part of the curriculum.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I didn't have too much exposure to guns at home, but I got taught a lot of safety through Cub and Boy Scouts- starting with BB guns and bows, and moved on to .22 rifles. I had an old break action pellet gun and a CO2 pellet pistol that I shot with at home, mostly on my own. I didn't fire any handguns other than that until the past year or so, when I inherited some of my dad's pistols. Apparently they were infested with gun-bugs, because I got bitten by it bad. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom