What will you do with your $550 million lottery winnings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I would invest it all and then give all the earnings away. I would try to start a program where I give families $1,000,000 tax free, but they have to invest the million and give the next 7 years earnings to another family before they get control of the original $1M. The new family would have to do the same.....before long you could really change a bunch of peoples lives and never miss it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would hire CM as senior car buyer!

Hey CM find me this month.

1. 1970-71 LS6 Chevelle SS convertible triple black your choice on the transmission make sure the A/C works.

2. 1968-70 Shelby GT 500 KR you pick the color.

Check back with me with some pictures after you have drove and touched them in person.

Your salary is $250,000 a year all expenses paid, company car of you choice

You are required to visit the shop twice a month to coordinate with the shop manger and give me a status report on all the cars. You will need to insure that you drive the cars and make sure they work before I do. You also need to advise the shop manger is storing and repairing the cars to your standard.

You only report to me or my wife (only concerning my wife’s cars)

Note: All travel reports are due to the office manger no later than 7DAYS after completion of travel.
    If you decide to go with a 72 chevelle SS blue with white racing stripes. I know someone who has one for sale ;)

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    What would I do with $550 Million in lottery winnings?

That's easy, start an LLC foundation so it didn't have to answer to the government 'Non-Profit Gods', and it would supply support to social security seniors that worked their entire lives just to be told they didn't qualify for dentures, hearing aids or eyeglasses and had to make choices between medication or food while Congress continues to steal from social security...

That money would put a LOT of tooth, eye, hearing & pharmacy techs through school, they simply pay back the loans by working for a reasonable wage while serving the older folks, AND they gain real life work experience while doing so.
    Fair wages while clearing debt, with the added benefit of experience, it's a win/win.

Buying in bulk from big pharma seriously reduces costs, and since it's an LLC you could even give drugs away (with prescription).

Since it's an LLC and not a non-profit (with non-profit oversight/rules/laws), the tax rate would be limited to 20%, and a corporation can loose money and take it off their taxes.

Bill & Melinda Gates, Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerburg have all done this already, so it's not illegal or breaking new ground, just no one has done this for the social security folks in Indiana since everyone here grabs the money and moves away or blows it as quickly as possible.
    (A fool & his money soon party)

I'm fairly secure in my 'Retirement', I might buy a new Jeep, but I don't really *Need* anything I can't currently afford on my own, so $550 Million would be more of a headache than anything...
    From what I understand, it's non-stop beggars & con men once you win the lottery.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Remember, your chance of winning increases dramatically with the first ticket; not so much for any other tickets you buy.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Remember, your chance of winning increases dramatically with the first ticket; not so much for any other tickets you buy.
    When it got over a billion last time, the odds of winning were nearly equal whether you purchased a ticket or not. Obviously, without a ticket, you could never win, but the odds were close.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When it got over a billion last time, the odds of winning were nearly equal whether you purchased a ticket or not. Obviously, without a ticket, you could never win, but the odds were close.

Still infinitely better with a ticket than without.

The odds only marginally improved with the second ticket.

Do the odds really change with the size of the jackpot?

I thought Power Ball was a straight 1 in 292.2 million?
    I believe that's the case.

The only thing that changes is your expected earnings which is a function of the odds and payout.

Top Bottom