• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hmmm . . . interesting.

I can see how it would work well in dry climates like Nevada. How about places like here where it's humid when it's hot?

Have you ever seen the meds wraps that use water and evaporation to help keep meds cool? I can't think of the name right now but a friend who was very active in Nevada and Type 1 used it for his insulin in the heat. I bought some for a family member.

It looked to me like it used the same substance used to increase the holding capacity of soil for potted plants. I intend to try an experiment with some this year. Think two aluminum tubes, one inside the other with the space filled with the synthetic water holding material, the inside tube closed and dry, the outer tube allowed to breath and evaporate.

A high tech version of the pots using sand to keep food cool in Africa.

Stopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Bury nothing. When you're scared enough to bury your firearms that's when you should dig them up.

ironstarr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    mishawaka
    In addition to supplies at our bug out locations, I have buried ammo and weapons (along with food, water, etc.) in multiple locations on my property and along my bug out route. My plan is to bug in, but if I am forced to leave, there is no way that I can carry enough ammo. Therefore, I have buried or otherwise securely concealed ammo and weapons along the way. Also, if my house is not destroyed, but taken over by BGs, I have the appropriate weapons and ammo nearby to re-take my home in a fight on my terms. If my home and bug out locations are not options and my fate is to live in the woods, then I know I will have enough supplies to last me when other people's supplies have been used up. I see this as a major advantage long term. Just my opinion.

I like the way you think:yesway:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Hmmm . . . interesting.

I can see how it would work well in dry climates like Nevada. How about places like here where it's humid when it's hot?
    I bought it to use in Indiana in summer and it worked great outdoors or in the vehicle. The heat causes it to evaporate at a rate greater then ambient air since technically the air is still dryer then the substance holding the water. Also, in a vehicle I would usually toss it in a small hard-side lunch cooler that was dry inside, in a soft cooler or in a pouch I made out of reflectix.

I need to find that for you.

BINGO IT'S FRIO!!!

http://diabetesfrio.com/

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks! You rock!

I bought it to use in Indiana in summer and it worked great outdoors or in the vehicle. The heat causes it to evaporate at a rate greater then ambient air since technically the air is still dryer then the substance holding the water. Also, in a vehicle I would usually toss it in a small hard-side lunch cooler that was dry inside, in a soft cooler or in a pouch I made out of reflectix.

I need to find that for you.

BINGO IT'S FRIO!!!

FRIO insulin wallets, cooler pouches - Frio Insulin cooling travel wallets

Top Bottom