What would you do if the "knockout game" came knocking ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Fine, but he's YOUR responsibility.
    YOU feed him, clean up after him, walk him...

First sign that you're shirking your responsibility and BACK he goes! Do we understand each other?
    Now wipe your feet. Close that door, were you born in a barn? Turn off that light, I'm not the electric company. The floor is not a closet...hang that coat up.

Holy crap! I started looking over my shoulder...stop that!

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    I know there are a number of truly, truly innocent victims of "the game." But I think a lot of people could have avoided being victimized by avoiding certain places at certain times, remaining vigilant, and recognizing when they are walking into (or through) a bad situation. The problem with the liberal brainwashing that our schools and media perpetrate is that it has convinced people that being aware of surroundings, and suspicious when appropriate makes them a bad person. Keep your head on a swivel, don't hesitate to retreat, and when the time comes, act decisively and ruthlessly.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    It's super important to work this during your training. Everyone needs to have a default position to go to when something surprising happens. A strike from behind, a guy throwing a "flinch" punch, something swinging at you, etc. Preferably its one of the many solid default positions available to learn. If not, at least get your arms up around your head. Work towards facing the threat. If you hit the ground, knees and elbows between you, minimize points of contact with the ground, and face them. You can't fight while facing away and covering your head. In the midst of a surprise attack is NOT the time to be pulling a gun. Until you regain some sort of a stable position with the basics of hand control you have no business accessing any weapons because he would be in a position to foul the draw and possibly take it. Leave your toys in their secure holders where they belong and work to get some dominant position. I can tell you from experience that when grappling with training weapons...the BEST thing that can happen for me is my opponent to be in a non-dominant position - panic - and go for a weapon. I can either take it, foul it, or pin it and do more damage. Anything that takes his focus away from fighting me is good FOR ME.

I like the hooded box drill for this. We put a t-shirt over their head and have them hum. All at once pull the t-shirt and an attack is coming. We don't get into this all in our classes, but we do in our training group get togethers. The pictures below are the five main default positions we discuss. Craig's "three point cover" or "helmet" default is the most powerful in my opinion because it gives the most protection. You are attacking a little more in the "spear" and the CMD elbow shield is the easiest to learn.

These won't win a fight, but they can significantly aid in your ability to stay conscious and upright which is all you can hope for during the initial incoming strike.

screenshot000124.jpg

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I know there are a number of truly, truly innocent victims of "the game." But I think a lot of people could have avoided being victimized by avoiding certain places at certain times, remaining vigilant, and recognizing when they are walking into (or through) a bad situation. The problem with the liberal brainwashing that our schools and media perpetrate is that it has convinced people that being aware of surroundings, and suspicious when appropriate makes them a bad person. Keep your head on a swivel, don't hesitate to retreat, and when the time comes, act decisively and ruthlessly.
    Rep on the way.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've always been taught (and believe) that that grey thing between your ears...is still the best defensive weapon one has...and that if it ain't workin'...that's when you have real trouble!

#1. Stay alert and pay attention to things going around you and don't let yourself get 'set-up' in the first place (i.e., don't be a 'target'...not paying attention!)
    #2. Keep your distance...these thugs like to get up-close-n-personal and if you don't let them get close enough, you can (pretty much) avoid the problem.
    #3. Your general posture and attitude can be a give-a-way as to whether you are a 'good target' or not. Don't be a 'good' target! Be strong and aware!

drobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have read a couple stories where the victim heard the kids talking about the Knockout Game before they were attacked.
    I know there are definitely some instances where people were completely caught off guard, but I guarantee many attacks could have been avoided by people being aware of their surroundings.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    I would hope that between avoiding places that should be avoided (for work I can't always do this), and making a concerted effort to have my situational alert level on high, that I won't find myself in this situation. If I did, I would attempt to ask the misguided perpetrator to pretty please reconsider his life style choices, and to attend church more regularly. Of course I would then turn the other cheek.

By the way, please insert purple where appropriate.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I've mentioned it to friends and relatives. They were unaware of the "game".

I'm never unaware when a group of youths are nearby. A single youth could have sucker-punched me however. I'll be more vigilant in the future. And so it goes.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If I were under attack (or someone with me) and I was still able to draw I would draw. I would inform them that I want to play too. Hopefully that would be enough to stop the threat, but stopping the threat is the main objective at that point.

Top Bottom