• Would you have done A or B?

• Total voters

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    So I went with a buddy to watch Thor in 3D IMAX (Great movie btw) Friday night on the south side of Indy. We were sitting towards the very top as we normally do. After the movie was over we were making our way towards the stairs. My buddy asked me if I wanted to be a good Samaritan. I looked down and saw a thick black wallet. Looking through it or taking anything from was never a thought.... Here's where I've been waffling since then. Would you:

A. Not open the wallet period and turn it in to the ticket counter. All being employees of younger age and trusting them.

B. Open the wallet find the gentleman's license and either try to look up a phone number for him, drop it off, or mail it to him.

I went with A, but now thinking B might have been a better option as I know he would have gotten everything as it was left. Maybe just not as quick as him returning to ticket counter.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    B. I found alittle over $2000 dollars once in a purse. some lady claimed it was hers just as I had picked it up. so i opened the purse and asked her to describe the contents.(the cash was laying inside of the inside pocket). she couldnt. I found the owner by going to the address on the ID and she offered me a reward, to which I refused, because I would want someone to do the same for me.

now if it would have just been $2k laying on the ground, then I probly would have left my phone number ONLY (not my name) at the desk and said I found some money and if someone can call me with the correct amount I will turn it right over. but only I would be the one who knew the amount, along with the owner.

if no one called for 6 months or so then I would keep it.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I would have opened it and looked at his DL to see what he looked like and then look to see if he was still in the theater to return it to him. If not I'd try to call him or just return it to him by mail. :twocents:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    B. I would have tracked the guy's phone number down via my mad google-fu techniques and called him. If this would have turned out to be impossible, I would either mail the entire wallet to his house OR I would have called one of my IMPD friends and turned it over to them.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    B

My wife dropped her wallet/phone mini-purse-thing in front of my office the other morning. A good Samaritan picked it up, opened her cell phone's address book, and dialed "home". She had her stuff back 20 minutes later. A big +1 for Indiana Wesleyan students!

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    B for sure. I did the same recently; I found a wallet in the middle of the street so I opened her up and Bam, $3000 check. took it to the place that was listed on the DL and it was a no go. did some more digging and found a business card with an address written on it that was in my neighborhood. turned out to be a guy who just moved in, to say the least he was happy to have it back.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I would choose A but give it to the manager. You can't always trust the address on a DL, and the owner would most likely report it lost there.

I worked at Wally world at 16 and watched a lady leave her purse in the cart and drive away. I yelled but she didn't hear me, so I grabbed the cart by the front and took the whole cart to my manager. As I was walking back out I seen her pulling back up looking frantically around and ran to her to let her know it was safely inside the store.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Only 1 right answer. B. Do everything u can to help someone out. Most ppl won't which is ahy ppl suck. Don't stoop to their level. DL or something will prob have good contact info.

Just because u think the store employees or even manager will be honest means nothing to me. Maybe I'd leave contact info for them so their customer can contact me, but I have no responsibility to turn it over to them AFAIK. I know I'm honest, don't know about them.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I would choose B
    Got overpaid by one hundred bucks once and didn't know it until I was a mile down the road. It was cash and I turned around to take it back to the guy. Boy was he sure happy to see his hundred bucks.

Top Bottom