• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I know these threads are posted a lot and it is really up to the shooter, but this one has a more political side than a regular what would you buy thread.
    Preface: I recently traded my only assault weapon that took high capacity clips (had to say it how the government does :rolleyes:)

Anyway i have been reading a lot on here about how bho is not allowing m1 garrands shipped in from korea because of large magazines, and also that he said to someone, he is working under the radar to get rid of high capacity magazine weapons all together. So heres the question.

I was planning on picking up a 30-06 in the $400- 500 tops range, for doing some long distance shooting. But with the recent statements of bho have been wondering if it would be better for me to pick it up later and instead pick up an ak47 of some kind before they are no longer legal. Do you feel that his statements are reason enough to go out and pick up an ak because they may no longer be on the market?

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    It is my understanding that there is a run on AK type weapons. Prices are going up. At least thats what I'm finding out at the shop I hang out in. BTW everyone needs an AK in their personal arsnel. Fun to shoot.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The only thing in the works that I'm aware of is possibly reclassifying the Saiga 12's as a class III weapon, (like what was done with the Striker shotguns) and are not being imported as steadily as they were. This is the reason the standard Saiga's are not as plentiful in the stores currently.

That said, I don't know if their is any truth to that what so ever. I bought and sold black rifles during the Clinton era ban, so I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about one that isn't even in the works as far as the public eye gos. Seems like political suicide for the left, especially after the blow they took in the last election.

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    The only thing in the works that I'm aware of is possibly reclassifying the Saiga 12's as a class III weapon, (like what was done with the Striker shotguns) and are not being imported as steadily as they were. This is the reason the standard Saiga's are not as plentiful in the stores currently.

That said, I don't know if their is any truth to that what so ever. I bought and sold black rifles during the Clinton era ban, so I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about one that isn't even in the works as far as the public eye gos. Seems like political suicide for the left, especially after the blow they took in the last election.

I agree buy one now befour you can not get themanymore

Top Bottom