• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I woulda peeked out to see who it was. He was NOT in any immediate danger as long as the door was locked, therefore he shouldn't have fired blindly though the door. No peep hole in the door? What if it was a hurt or wounded neighbor that needed assistance. Or a lost kid. Yup he stepped in it in my book.
    On the other hand the drunk lady was stupid and theres a saying," if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough" so she paid for her brainlessness.
    Just My 2 cents.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Personally, you can jiggle my door handle all day long. If you decided to ENTER my home univited, then the situation would change.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    As the door opened I would have fired. I would not have fired through the door, but I would not have waited to see if the unwelcome party was armed or not. Once they forcefully opened my locked door and did not respond to my attempts of alleviating the situation, I would have shot to kill.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    When I saw it on the news, I thought, this guy is in trouble. You just can't shoot through the door like that. It could have been some neighbor kid. It could have been someone hurt in a car wreck. I would have looked out the window first (peeked carefully) with the .45 behind my back. Then seeing a young college coed, would have probably answered the door to see if I could have helped her.

s346k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    i would've found another vantage point to positively identify this mystery person making feeble attempts to enter my house. i definately would not have shot through the door. had i seen it was a drunk college girl, i definately would have opened the door and got her out of those wet clothes...err..something like that.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I'd hang that dumb motherf%*ker.

Never fired the weapon before? Too afraid to look?

JIGGLING of the knob? Not even banging on the door?

You need to identify your target. If the yellow stream running down your leg prevents you from peeking outside, then don't peek. Don't fire either.

I hope she sues him. :)

Big_John

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Richmond
    The most important part of owning a gun is knowing the responsibility that comes with it. I succesfuly teach that to 100 kids every year in my 4-H shooting sports club. Sounds like I should have invited him."“I never fired the gun as long as I had it, so we were in a panic.”

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Never fire blindly unless you have already been fired upon. Always identify your target and what is beyond. And never ever under any circumstance lose your head. Slow and calm with serious intent always wins the day...

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    ive been in that situation before...drunk and trying to open the wrong door. im glad it wasnt that guys apartment.

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not taking sides but if it was me I would have figured out who was on the other side of that door before doing anything. Yes, a gun would be at my hip but it would never be raised until I considered myself in danger. I would not consider myself in danger as long as whoever it was out there was still on the other side of my door.

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Personally I would've just assumed it was one of my friends ****ing around. Because a robber is not going to stick around after you heard him jiggle the knob and shouted. Well most wouldn't. At most I think I might have pulled my gun and waited to see. But no. I definitely would not have shot through the door. I'm sorry but he is an idiot.

Top Bottom