• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    In these circumstances, just don't drive home. It is best to keep driving, regardless of what happens. For example, they might hit the rear of your vehicle, hoping your thinking "Those fools finally hit me!! It is _their_ fault and they had best admit it!!" Then you pull over and stop, giving them the opportunity to attack you if that is their goal.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Edited to save space:
    Cell phone was not an option at this point, because there is no service on this road for about 8 miles. I began to think about any places that were brightly lighted along the route and there would not be until I reached the town I lived in at the time

Main requirement of my cell phone is not price, it's service area. I travel all over the state and have both a personal and work phone. Before obtaining our work phones I made sure that I had a cell carrier that had the towers to provide me that security and peace of mind. And in case your wondering who my choice of personal cell carrier is, I got a lot of guys working for me!:D

Blue River Guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    thoughts on the cell phone

In reference to cell phones! Great point on researching the best carriers. Here is the deal as of "that time period" and still mostly true today. Neither your guys, nor my guys, or any other guys work on this particular stretch of HWY 62 between Corydon, IN and Leavenworth, IN. A few spots work for a few seconds, but not long enough to get a call out. :dunno: Bad deal!

Blue River Guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    REALLY??????

I dont have any patience, so there's no way i could have drove that long with someone tailgaiting me. I would have already pulled over and had a little discussion with the gentlemen.

You would have honestly stopped late at night (12am or so), remote area with hardly no one around, no cell coverage, and no access to a side arm.

WOW! Patience or no patience you are a braver man than I!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I dont have any patience, so there's no way i could have drove that long with someone tailgaiting me. I would have already pulled over and had a little discussion with the gentlemen.

Hey if you're all for being worm food foder, go for it, but you're a braver man than me kimo saabie. IMHO a bad choice to do, you don't have any clue if he has anyone else in the vehicle or if he is a psycho hell bent on making you his next serial victim.

I'll take my chance moving along, keeping him in my rearview mirror until being able to make a 911 call.

s346k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I would have done the same after I brake checked the **** out of them !
    i thought i was the only one who still did that haha.

i've never been in a sticky situation without a cell phone or means of defending myself. i simply would have sped up to see how bad they wanted to pursue me. if it persisted i would've called my wife and had her meet us at the driveway with my 20 ga or 629...maybe both, she can be a handful if she thinks someone is messing with her baby haha.

Top Bottom