• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I had a Toro Zmaster 62" cut ZTR 23 HP Kawasaki motor - thing was a beast 13 years old and just changed oil, replaced / sharpened blades and replace the occasional deck wheel that would come off after repetitively beating the snot out of it. Never raked, never cleaned up tree limbs smaller than 1" and mowed 5 acres every week.

Also has a built in stand you can drive up on to lift the mower like when you run over a rope and it gets wrapped up in the blades

We strongly considered the Hustler Z at the same time, went with the Toro for the 12 months same as cash. That is one tough sob
    Toro owns / makes Exmark FYI or at least did when we bought ours.
    The Dixie Chopper has the best cut, but not so much its worth the $ and it is not nearly heavy duty as the Toro / Exmark / Hustler

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    I cut 3ac with LOTS of trees. This year I bought a GRAVELY Commercial ZT, 60" cut for $4k+, and I LOVE it. But, the suspension leaves a little to be desired on rough ground. But, it beats the h#ll out the green machine I used to use.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    We mow 3 acres every week with a 60" Dixie Chopper (26hp Kohler engine) and an additional 5 acres once a month. Mowing time on the 3 acres went from 4.5 hours with a JD 54" lawn tractor to 1.25 hours. Only maintenance on the mower in 13 years has been oil changes, filters, plugs, blade sharpening, battery, and 4 new tires. Highly recommend these older Dixie Choppers.

Top Bottom