• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    As Title Suggests... Whatever happened to Common Sense in Politics or Government?

Sure we all know $300 roll of TP way to justify spending billions on defense research but that's not where I'm going.

You will always have the "FAR" Right and Left sitting out on opposing fringes of what even their own parties find to be acceptable...

Know what about the remaining 96% of us on either side of an issue or debate? Do our Tax Dollars, not to mention our Votes not matter because we're aren't the loudest or rudest with comments in the room?

Come on already I know it is all about the 24/7 media cycle and Job preservation to get through the next Election but what will it actually take for the 96% of us out there that know there are better ways to address the issues in our country to finally be heard?

So come on already does anyone believe that putting Rush Blowhard or Bill MayBlow (***Insert any other Fringe Blowhard Names you wish as both sides make me want to vomit in under 2 minutes) in charge of anything would really make our Country Better?

Then why is it so hard for all of the rest of us God Fearing, Gun Toting or even Gun tolerant, Honest American Folks to come together and actually take our Country Back?

Because as things are going now all you have are "D" in control, so "R" acting like a b*st*rd red headed step children instead of taking any actions of their own because heaven forbit the big bully "D" side smacks them down...

When roles are reversed it is the same exact thing... Which is what we went through with the Last Administration and "R" being in a more dominate role.

All the while the Economy is in the crapper, nothing is being to to realistically address Healthcare or the other Billions in government handouts, Social Security is still headed for a cliff because soon more will be drawing benefits than are paying into the system...

Not to mention we've we already allowed education to ensure for at least a generation to come it won't be the United States leading the way as the case has been for the past century.

So what will the eye opening moment when everyone realizes something has to be done and done NOW actually be?

:twocents::patriot::ingo::twocents:

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Common sense does not enter into the equation.

I'll just use education as an example...
    To me, common sense dictates that free market would ultimately improve the education of everyone who chooses to participate. Given the opportunity to make a choice between "A-School" and "B-School", the majority of people would send their children to the better school by whatever criteria they want to use. If no one wants to send their children to the "B-School" because of their performance or curriculum or ideology, then they would simply go out of business.

To someone else, it might be common sense that everyone be taught exactly the same thing across the entire country. There should be no room for interpretation of the curriculum, and it is in the best interest of the country to deny people the option of any alternative education.

"Common sense" is nothing on which to hang your hat.

Why can't the government quit messing with the economy and allow it to correct itself?
    Why can't the government just control the economy to keep an even playing field.

Why can't the government simply protect our borders from people entering the country illegally?
    Why can't the government make provisions for everyone to come if they want to?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Whatever happened to Common Sense in Politics or Government?

...what about the remaining 96% of us on either side of an issue or debate?

... what will it actually take for the 96% of us out there that know there are better ways to address the issues in our country to finally be heard?

OP, you ask whatever happened to common sense (implying that it is not common - which is correct), and then imply that 96% of the people have it (i.e. know better ways) which would make it common.

I'm not following the "common sense" logic of your post.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Eduction:
    U.S. Falls In World Education Rankings, Rated 'Average'

Is 14th in the World a situation the United States should be in for Education?

Good point on move between schools... Personally I pay $2,800+ in property taxes to have my kids in a school system that I feel provides them with a viable K-12 education... Where I have problems in Indiana is that my kids and our district because we don't have 60% or higher on Government Assistance, see less than 1/3 the per student State Funding of say IPS (Indy Public Schools)... Won't even mention Perry Central where my parents just attended a 6 week computer class during evenings at the Schools Expense because they get so much more State funding due to same very high level of their student population being on Government Assistance.

What alternate reality is that supposed to make sense in?

Keeping Government out of Economy:
    So as bad as it was your saying the Government should have allowed GM and Chrysler to Fail? When this was going to directly affect 35-50% of the total number of jobs in the northern half of Indiana, not to mention higher rates in Michigan and Ohio... Much more in play than just GM or Chrysler as they would have walked from bankruptcy smelling like roses while everyone in their supply chain (the real impact) would have been out of jobs over night with GM and Chrysler still needing parts and being forced to look to China for funding to run their supply chain as all American based companies that were part of it previously were no out of business due to the billions written off in bankruptcy.

Or it is overly obvious that Banks knew how to handle mortgages... The entire banking system was in melt down because there was no controls on how they could hand out money... Would we be better off if every major bank in the US suddenly went into bankruptcy and the FDIC had to step in just to be sure American's could get the money in their daily use bank accounts?

I don't like either situation and will never purchase a New or Used GM or Chrysler vehicle because they took the government bailout however there was far too much at stake for something not to be done.

Immigration was how all of us arrived in this country... Be it 1 or 10 generations ago... BUT our ancestors (in most cases) did it legally...

Give anyone here illegally a one way military transport flight out of the United States...

Those in the US that are not US Citizens (Legally or Otherwise) should be forced to pay Local, State, and Federal Taxes which in itself would be a huge boost to the Federal Debt... Yet on a Green Card they are here working tax free... Why of all things has this simple step not been addressed?

Want to stay? You have 3 months to learn and speak English, Pay your Taxes, and to go through process to Become a Legal citizen... Otherwise see comment above about military transport to country other than the US.

Things go a long way beyond immigration... You need to also include getting rid of Welfare, and stop the bleeding heart people that think prison should be a 5-star hotel.

My entire point is what is so hard for an "enlightened society" which the US is supposed to be to actually work together to solve?

The only times the US has stood together has been times of tragedy such as Pearl Harbor or 9/11... Why does it take such horrific attacks on our country for anyone to work together for any type of common goal or common grounds?

:twocents:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...So what will the eye opening moment when everyone realizes something has to be done and done NOW actually be?

Perhaps when enough people shake off their indoctrination which dictates that there is only one axis which defines us as either Left or Right.

The 2 parties that currently claim allegiance from the bulk of those so divided are rarely if ever held to account for how far they have drifted from respecting Liberty to imposing Statism.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    As Title Suggests... Whatever happened to Common Sense in Politics or Government?

Sure we all know $300 roll of TP way to justify spending billions on defense research but that's not where I'm going.

You will always have the "FAR" Right and Left sitting out on opposing fringes of what even their own parties find to be acceptable...

Know what about the remaining 96% of us on either side of an issue or debate? Do our Tax Dollars, not to mention our Votes not matter because we're aren't the loudest or rudest with comments in the room?

Come on already I know it is all about the 24/7 media cycle and Job preservation to get through the next Election but what will it actually take for the 96% of us out there that know there are better ways to address the issues in our country to finally be heard?

So come on already does anyone believe that putting Rush Blowhard or Bill MayBlow (***Insert any other Fringe Blowhard Names you wish as both sides make me want to vomit in under 2 minutes) in charge of anything would really make our Country Better?

Then why is it so hard for all of the rest of us God Fearing, Gun Toting or even Gun tolerant, Honest American Folks to come together and actually take our Country Back?

I seriously hope that day never comes. Those people have no business in government.

Because as things are going now all you have are "D" in control, so "R" acting like a b*st*rd red headed step children instead of taking any actions of their own because heaven forbit the big bully "D" side smacks them down...

When roles are reversed it is the same exact thing... Which is what we went through with the Last Administration and "R" being in a more dominate role.

All the while the Economy is in the crapper, nothing is being to to realistically address Healthcare or the other Billions in government handouts, Social Security is still headed for a cliff because soon more will be drawing benefits than are paying into the system...

Not to mention we've we already allowed education to ensure for at least a generation to come it won't be the United States leading the way as the case has been for the past century.

So what will the eye opening moment when everyone realizes something has to be done and done NOW actually be?

:twocents::patriot::ingo::twocents:

Top Bottom