• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greenway84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I just bought my wife her Taurus TCP 380. She was wanting to really get some shots down range. Any suggestion on some range ammo on the cheap end?

Also I searched and couldn't find this anywhere, so I hope its ok I started a new thread. If this needs moved, I understand. Thanks.

AuburnGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Auburn, Indiana
    Winchester White Box, Federal, or reloads....

I buy at gun shows. $14 per 50 at a couple different booths at gun shows. Good quality, and I have never had issues. Buy a box, shoot it, if your gun likes it then buy some more.

Greenway84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Winchester White Box, Federal, or reloads....

I buy at gun shows. $14 per 50 at a couple different booths at gun shows. Good quality, and I have never had issues. Buy a box, shoot it, if your gun likes it then buy some more.
    I think ill buy a box of WWB for now, and go from there. Never heard great things about it, but it cant hurt to try.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    TulAmmo at Walmart is not worth 2 cents. I have had bad experiences with this in 380. So if you try it, know that Walmart does not allow ammo returns. Avoid buying 3 or more boxes knowing it could be hit or miss.

Spend a buck or 2 more and know that your day at the range will be fun, not frustration.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    CCI Blazers and Lawman have both been very good for me, and can be purchased reasonably cheaply. The thing I have found online is that, for .380 Auto and similar ammo, the FMJ seems to work as well as the HP for most application (if not better).

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    TulAmmo at Walmart is not worth 2 cents. I have had bad experiences with this in 380. So if you try it, know that Walmart does not allow ammo returns. Avoid buying 3 or more boxes knowing it could be hit or miss.

Spend a buck or 2 more and know that your day at the range will be fun, not frustration.

We fired 400 rounds that day without any issues. YMMV

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Never tried the steel cased stuff in 380, but have tried Winchester Federal, Armscorps, S&B, and a few others. The only ones I have had issue with were armscorps and Federal. The Armscorps functioned OK, but was not accurate at all and extremely dirty. The federal that i tried(I think it was american eagle) had about a 4-5% split case rate. It wasnt bad otherwise, but when I get split cases in factory loaded target ammo, I start to doubt their quality control. Just for the record, I have not had issues with spit cases in any other brand, and the federal was run in 2 different pistols (LCP and walther PK380).

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Never tried the steel cased stuff in 380, but have tried Winchester Federal, Armscorps, S&B, and a few others. The only ones I have had issue with were armscorps and Federal. The Armscorps functioned OK, but was not accurate at all and extremely dirty. The federal that i tried(I think it was american eagle) had about a 4-5% split case rate. It wasnt bad otherwise, but when I get split cases in factory loaded target ammo, I start to doubt their quality control. Just for the record, I have not had issues with spit cases in any other brand, and the federal was run in 2 different pistols (LCP and walther PK380).

I was pretty upset that I used the TulAmmo that weekend as that night I won the money that bought my reloading setup. After that trip I will always pick up my brass.

Top Bottom