Whats a good pistol shelf rack for gun safe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Would like to get a good shelf rack for my pistols but dont want to break the bank buying one, whats a good sturdy rack out there for a decent price? Would like to get around a 10 gun one

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a wire rack that worked pretty good, but these days I just leave them in the zippered gun rugs. I keep a couple of magazines in the pouch with each handgun. This way I never get to the range and find out I forgot magazines or grabbed the wrong magazines.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I invested in three of these racks several months ago. So far, they're holding my pistols nicely and I've not noticed any finish wear. They really make my safe look great. I opted for the rack with the storage shelf underneath so I could stack magazines under the pistols. Only negative is that this guy is a one man operation that makes the racks when the orders come in. Delivery time is on the slow side, but worth it.

http://www.manaboutracks.com/Pages/default.aspx

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    I buy a cheap pistol rug (typically $5) and put the gun on a shelf like a book on a book shelf. I only zip it up half way so I can tell by the grip which handgun it is. Very space efficient and it protects the gun. Like most, I keep the gun wiped with oil and haven't had any problem with corrosion from being in the gun rug. A quick check that it is unloaded and whether I need to grab a magazine, it is ready for the range bag.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Sorry to bump an old thread, i just happened to be looking for safe organization ideas.

To those who put their guns in gun-rugs/cases: Beware! I've read that this can cause rusting and it actually happened to me! I have a cheap blackpowder revolver that has nice rust lines on it in the same pattern as the inside of the case! The padding inside the case can collect moisture which will then condense on your gun and rust!

Many manuals recomend specifically that you DO NOT store your guns inside cases! I guess if your safe is extremely well temperture and humidty controlled, this might not be a huge issue.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    This is the style I use. Racks are plastic coated wire, no damage or marring on the guns finish. They stock them at most Gander Mountain stores for under $20.00
    lockdown-handgun-rack.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    This is the style I use. Racks are plastic coated wire, no damage or marring on the guns finish. They stock them at most Gander Mountain stores for under $20.00

This is what I use, but it only holds 4 handguns. All are loaded with spare mags or speedloaders underneath. Works very well for not a lot of money.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    This is what I use, but it only holds 4 handguns. All are loaded with spare mags or speedloaders underneath. Works very well for not a lot of money.

Those are the type I bought at TSC a couple of weekends ago. First time I went they were 5 bucks, I went back the next weekend and they were 1.98:rockwoot:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co

That looks just like a drying rack for pot lids. I know I saw one at Target the other day. I wonder how freaked out they would be if I put my EDC in one to see if it fits?

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    That looks just like a drying rack for pot lids. I know I saw one at Target the other day. I wonder how freaked out they would be if I put my EDC in one to see if it fits?

I think I would buy it, try it, and return it if it didn't work

Top Bottom