• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm just throwing this out there, I've never used one but the H&R Excell looks identical to the Remington 1100/1187 and Gander Mountain had them for $280.

Anyone know anything about these? The only difference I could tell is they were a little lighter than the Remingtons so my guess was there was a little more plastic used.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    +1 for Benelli. I use my trusty Super 90 M1. I've never had a problem with it and it stays extremely clean when shooting. I'll pull some pictures of the bolt after the 4th...we're going to be doing a "little" shooting.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    I owned a Remington 11-87, nice shotgun. I did'nt shoot it alot. I liked the price.

But if I was going to be a heavy shooter, I think I would buy something designed for higher round counts. Browning, Beretta, Benelli, etc. More expensive, of course.

Average shooting, the 11-87 would do fine, if a person had their heart set on it.

Last edited:

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    My father in law swears by his Benelli SBE. So much that I picked on up as well. It's a great shotgun. They are not too out of reach if you can find a used one. If you find one with the H&K receiver it has a cheater bolt that somehow will allow you to get 4 shells in a plugged gun.

Dr. Pretorius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I owned a older Remington 1100. It was 2-3/4 only and was finicky with the cheap bulk box Winchester Walmart stuff. I tried changing springs and replacing the seals, but it didn't seam to help. If I fed it the good stuff it was mostly reliable, but occasionally would short cycle and "Click" :xmad:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have an 1100 that was my only hunting shotgun for about 15 years. That was also back when it came out in August and didn't go back in until February. I shot literally hundreds of waterfowl using steel shot, besides the rabbits, squirrels, grouse and pheasants. I shot several deer with slugs using the same skeet barrel that I used for waterfowl. The I got one of those hastings barrels for it and shot more deer. Not once did I ever have a function problem with that gun. I hunted with lots of guys during those years, some had problems with their fancier foreign shotguns but this gun just keeps going. Probably not the prettiest gun compared to some the others carried, but it wasn't a fashion show either.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Nicest semi autos I have shot have to be the Browning Golds or Winchester SX*. Berretta is good as well.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Nice to see some love for the SX3. Were I go and buy one today that is what I would go for.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    why do we keep reviving these threads that are weeks old?if you wanna get your post count up that much post about something new or different.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What's wrong with posting to an old topic if it's something you want to talk about?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Didn't all of us at one point? It's not like the guy was just saying Hi, or I agree. I see what you're saying though.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I am very happy with my Beretta AL391 ?? I think that is the model. It has brought down many doves.
    +1 I have an AL 390 (wish it was a 391) and it has been the absolute best shotgun I've ever owned. This gun has been through everything. I used to shoot trap with it; I probably have well over 20k through it and its still going as strong as the day I got it. If you want a fine, quality auto shotgun that stands above the rest, get a Beretta.

I'm not saying that a Beretta won't malfunction, and I'm not saying Remington's are junk, but I've seen a much higher failure rate with the Remington's than the Beretta's. Plus, you can always say that you have a fine Italian hunk of iron sitting at home ;).

Top Bottom