What's a used Beretta M9 going for these days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just like the title says, I'm curious about what a used Beretta M9 goes for these days.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    That's not a bad price, they hold their value pretty well. Sometimes you can get the police trade ins for just under $400. But they are usually the G model without the safety.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    500 seems about right with what I've seen online depending on what else comes with it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Beretta 92 series including the M9 version are crazy the way they hold value. I have seen some of the older ones selling used for the same that you can buy a new one, just because some are harder to get then others, but still I am amazed at what a used Beretta 92 series will fetch.

As said above, the M9s are going for around $500 used, but you can sometimes find one on Gunbroker listed as new for the same price. You are better if you get lucky and can find one local to avoid shipping and transfer costs, but with Indiana sales tax, sometimes it pays to shop local and internet to try to find the best deal.

Remember, for the most part, buying an M9 means you are buying a commercial version of the true M9 made by Beretta for sale to those of us not in uniform. While they are virtually the same, there are a couple of very subtle differences between the military and commercial M9, but not enough to affect the pistol itself.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm glad to hear all of that. We just had some unexpected costs come up and I might sell mine that I've had for a couple years. I just don't want to if I don't have to.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Beretta 92 series including the M9 version are crazy the way they hold value. I have seen some of the older ones selling used for the same that you can buy a new one, just because some are harder to get then others, but still I am amazed at what a used Beretta 92 series will fetch.
    This is one of the reasons I own a bunch of these Italian girls. That AND they are simply the best autos for the $ IMHO:D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We are running police trade-in 92Gs with night sights and 2 mags for $399.95, and new 92FS for $599.95. An individually pre-owned 92FS in excellent condition would probably bring between $450-500.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I paid under $550 for my 25th annv. model M9 earlier in the year from, brand new. A little birdie told me dealer cost is 500-515.

I looked for probably 2 years for a deal on a used M9, and ended up getting a new one for the lowest price I had ever seen, new or used so I was pretty happy.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    A lot of departments around the world still use it. I can vouch for all Los Angeles officers having them. Price though, you will find a wide price range depending on where you look and how hard. As a private collector I monitor online auctions daily as well as local shops, ads, and any other possible means of finding the best deals. I can regularly buy Berettas for as little as 350 with considerable wear. I know I can also find them used pretty regularly with almost no wear, mint condition for as little as 400. I know I can buy them brand new in the box for about 540 any day of the week, on occassion cheaper. As it is one of my personal favorites I monitor them pretty closely.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    "m9" simply refers to military designation...all military issue weapons must have one...i.e. M240, M249, M203, or M16....it is otherwise the exact same gun as the 92fs...which is a popular police issue weapon around the world too...it was the police weapon of choice before Glocks got their "big break"...Glocks are nice but I prefer the Beretta if I had my choice of issued sidearm

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I think LAPD however does allow their officers to carry some others though...of course with written permission...I know my father in law is still LA sherriff and they still issue the 92's

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    A lot of departments around the world still use it. I can vouch for all Los Angeles officers having them. Price though, you will find a wide price range depending on where you look and how hard. As a private collector I monitor online auctions daily as well as local shops, ads, and any other possible means of finding the best deals. I can regularly buy Berettas for as little as 350 with considerable wear. I know I can also find them used pretty regularly with almost no wear, mint condition for as little as 400. I know I can buy them brand new in the box for about 540 any day of the week, on occassion cheaper. As it is one of my personal favorites I monitor them pretty closely.

I hear guys talk about getting deals like this but I never see it in life. I can check all the websites and search the earth and never find a used 92 for $350 no matter how banged up it is.

Top Bottom