Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I talked to the owner Will Smith.
    He said everything is going as planed.
    He would not give any details.

Will manages the shop. He is not the owner. And they haven't given any details for over 6 months which I think is a little fishy. If they were just updating the range, you would think they would be open with info. Make an announcement like "Hey we are making some huge improvements... this is what you can look forward to in the future." Any shop that I have known was pretty proud of what they had in the plans.

I have heard rumors of safety issues and the huge amount of work/money that would be necessary to fix it. I seriously wonder if they are willing to make such a huge investment or if they are just delaying until something else happens.

Them being so tight lipped this whole time worries me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Will manages the shop. He is not the owner. And they haven't given any details for over 6 months which I think is a little fishy. If they were just updating the range, you would think they would be open with info. Make an announcement like "Hey we are making some huge improvements... this is what you can look forward to in the future." Any shop that I have known was pretty proud of what they had in the plans.

I have heard rumors of safety issues and the huge amount of work/money that would be necessary to fix it. I seriously wonder if they are willing to make such a huge investment or if they are just delaying until something else happens.

Them being so tight lipped this whole time worries me.

Will told me that he was the owner!

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Talked to a guy at Kodiak today. Didn't get a name. He said that he was shooting for opening the range on Black Friday. He then said by January 1st for sure. He also said that they will be changing the name from Kodiak to Phoenix due to the negative reputation that the Kodiak name has got(rumors of ATF raids and the like). He said they will still have the rifle range and will include an archery range with the pistol range.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It really does seem like they are hiding something. At least make an announcement on their webpage or FB page about what is going on. If there is new ownership I would like to know.

When Shoot To Thrill (Rocket Guns range) in Goshen opened up, did one of the guys from Kodiak go over there?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Looks like I'll be rejoining the St Joe Restoration Club once again. Kind of cold in the winter but summer time shooting their is great!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Looks like I'll be rejoining the St Joe Restoration Club once again. Kind of cold in the winter but summer time shooting their is great!

Wait until Jan 1st, 2015 to get your membership! If you cant make it to a Wed night meeting, one of the guys who runs it lives about 8 houses from me. You can just meet him at his house to sign up.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I called Kodiak about a week ago and was told they were improving the back stop to handle rifle calibers. And that they were planning on opening within a month.

Rexmage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    Marshall Co
    I would love to go take my little brother and sister shooting but with Kodiak still closed, closest to me from Plymouth is I think over in Kingsbury. The range in town hasn't been used in I'm gonna guess long time. It's been 15 years since I was there. Them being so tight lipped is frustrating.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I hear there was a split with the owners and the money behind the upgrade took a powder. The tight lip bs is the most frustrating thing with these guys. The constant " one more month" is getting old.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I really hope they come back with the steel plates. Archery would be cool but how could you do a pistol/ archery range? i imagine walking down range to retrieve arrows would be frowned upon. That place was by far my favorite in the area. Ive been to shoot to thrill and 3 rifle lanes just isnt enough plus they only allow up to 7.62x39. Not to mention seemed rather pricey to me.

Top Bottom