• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Cruise up Hwy 3 to 36, turn left and you're in Mt. Summit. Sparky's Doghouse is on your left before you get to the RR tracks. Yep, it looks like a real dive but their cheeseburgers are awesome. Treat yourself to Montgomery's Steakhouse at least once. It's just past the entrance to the kart track.

We went to that steakhouse after a day at the track and my buddies and I agreed it was a solid C-. Service was terrible and the food was mediocre at best. I hope they were just having a bad day, but I've been afraid to go back.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I don't remember if there's a Pizza King there but if there is I'm sure it's good.

There are two sit down Pizza Kings.
    There's one on IN-3, just next door and south of the gas station at the corner of Broad Street and IN-3, on the east side of the road.
    The other (older building and not quite as nice looking) one is on the corner of Broad Street and 25 Street, and it's marked "Top Hat," but trust me, it's still a Pizza King.
    Totally top shelf pizza...my all time favorite.
    There are plenty of franchise fast food places if that's your thing: McD's, BK, Taco Hell, Hardee's, etc.
    There are also a Bob Evans and an Applebee's.
    Seconded on Sparky's Doghouse about five miles north and on US-36 in Mount Summit.

BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    I don't remember if there's a Pizza King there but if there is I'm sure it's good.

I don't know if there's one there or not, do NOT eat at the one in Knightstown, hands down the worst pizza I've ever eaten. I didn't know it was possible to screw up Pizza King, but apparently it is.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Cruise up Hwy 3 to 36, turn left and you're in Mt. Summit. Sparky's Doghouse is on your left before you get to the RR tracks. Yep, it looks like a real dive but their cheeseburgers are awesome. Treat yourself to Montgomery's Steakhouse at least once. It's just past the entrance to the kart track.

Yep..... And Yep..... The son and I do Sparkys when we hit the Go Carts.
    I've done Montgomerys a few times also..

Well when he does the carts..... :dunno:

But truly the green light at the end of the tunnel is, in 4 weeks you will be leaving New Castle..

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm a bit limited in regards to how far I can drive since am in a state issued DOC van. Trying to be conservative with the mileage we put on it.

Did go to Wal-Mart last night to get supplies and saw a gentlemen OCing in the frozen food isle. Unsure what we're doing for dinner tonight. I got some food here but may order a pizza or something... IDK.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Went to Steak-N-Shake earlier with an obnoxious group of people from CTI... saw a fella in a red shirt OCing.

Back home I've only seen someone OC twice in about 2 years of looking. In New Castle I saw it twice in two days.

(Also, if that was you, I want to apologize on behalf of the group I was with. We've got some young guys in our group who are quite annoying and don't know how to behave in public.)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    She may have looked at my arm today while we were all getting our TB tests read. Skinny girl with glasses, with red / auburn hair that is about shoulder length?

Sorry, that wasn't her.
    She's a bit overweight (she had bariatric surgery two years ago, so she's slimmer, but still a bit heavy), with dark somewhat curly hair and no glasses.
    Her name is Lara, just in case you see someone there with that nametag.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Another annoying New Castle habit, apparently when driving southbound on 3, the left lane is always the slow lane and the right lane is for passing....

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    It doesn't seem that bad. Granted all I've really done is take 8 hour classes at CTI and drive down highway 3 to go to Wal-Mart and Steak-N-Shake. Didn't leave the property today, ate lunch at the prison and ordered pizza for supper and had it delivered. =/

May explore more over the next few weeks though.

EDIT: I've been to Wal-Mart here twice and one observation I've made is that there seems to be a lot less obese people in New Castle than back home... lol.

Top Bottom