• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    I want to put together a nice gun cleaning kit. So im going to buy a tackle box and fill it with anything I could possibly need for gun maintenance (cleaning, spare parts, tools ect.

If possible could we try to not debate on which solvent, oils, ect are the best and only be negative on a suggestion if you have had a negative experiance with it.

So what do you have in your kit and where would you buy them. Im kind of looking for a check list type thing that everyone could benefit from.

So for example every kit should have the following:

1. Large tackle box
    option 1: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Plano-3-Tray-Tackle-Box/dp/B003JFOZEU]Amazon.com: Plano 3 Tray Tackle Box: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

2. Cleaning Patches

3. Gun Oil
    Hoppe's #9

4. Gun Solvent
    Break-Free Break-Free® Gun Cleaners, Solvents, Lubes, & Bluing, Gun Maintenance, Shooting : Cabelas.com

5. Rods

6. Bore Snakes

7. Bore Brushes

8. Picks

9. disassemble tools

ect ect ect

charless917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North East Indy
    I guess I was looking for brands and things I haven't thought of. Like I have never used a jag before only patch pullers, is one better than the other. do you like metal pullers vs plastic. ect ect ect.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    if I were constructing a "mobile" kit I would probably just buy a multi caliber OTIS kit. they are small, compact, and have everything you need. beyond that just (insert favorite chemical here) and I would feel complete. oh and a microfiber towel.:twocents:

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've got a 20mm ammo box that I have used for eons. Holds everything that I have collected over the last 30 yrs. Lots of odds and ends, if I need anything I know its in there, just have to dig around and find it.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    add old t-shirt, scissors (to chop up shirt), hemostats (good for grabbing whatever needs grabbing), a set of those midway plastic dental pics, a bore lite (CED is my favorite, tiny, bright and has yet to burn out 3yrs plus), chapman screw driver set, starret punch set, small brass hammer and a hockey puck with various sized holes drilled in it (to put under whatever you are driving the pin out of)

All that is in the Fix All Do All home kit.

For the range i have bore snakes, gun butter, squib rod and a leatherman.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i like the plano plastic containers.it keeps things seperated and easy to find. get a large one and a small one. if you know a fisherman, ask them for a fishing rod shipping container tube. cut it to size and keep your cleaning rods in it. keeps them nice and strait.

Top Bottom