• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I looked around and couldn't find any threads about different range bags, what you carry in them, and pictures. I thought it might be interesting to post pictures and such and see what everybody is using.

I can't get my picture to upload but:

I use an old camera bag right now, which contains:
    -a handful of foam earplugs
    -safety glasses
    -small first aid
    -spare holster
    -ammo that I am taking for the range
    -spare mags

That's it for now, Ill post my picture when I get that working, but please post what you are rocking to the range!:ar15:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Range Bag:
    Eye protection
    Hearing protection
    Ammo
    Magazines (when applicable)
    Targets
    Staple gun
    Duct tape
    Water bottle

Vehicle:
    First aid kit
    Hammer
    Multi-tool
    Bug spray

Need to add:
    Allen wrenches

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't have pics, but:
    - Eyes (2 sets)
    - Ears (muffs and lots of plugs)
    - targets (shoot-n-see and paper plates)
    - stapler
    - duct tape
    - Sharpies (red and black)
    - boo-boo kit
    - range ID card
    - chamber flags
    - wet wipes
    - hand towel
    - utility knife
    - small cleaning kit
    - snap caps
    - and some other stuff I'm forgetting....

Ammo is in its own ammo box. If I am taking more than 1 gun, they are in their own cases. Though, I can fit 1 or 2 in the range bag.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am a newer shooter and would like to see what everyone is using, might find some useful tips.

Guess I should have put that in purple.

Get a red sharpie. When you have one mag left in the range bag and your target is all shot to hell you can make a little circle and you won't just be dumping the mag. :D

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Guess I should have put that in purple.

Get a red sharpie. When you have one mag left in the range bag and your target is all shot to hell you can make a little circle and you won't just be dumping the mag. :D

Haha thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I'm new here so excuse the noobness.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Eyes (multiple colors), ears, Mack's ear plugs, Pistolsmith, Bullfrog sun block, bug spray, Pistolsmith multi-tool, athletic tape, first aid kit & IWB/Kotex, ziplock of coins, baby wipes (wiping filth off hands), cleaning rod, lube, BC Barricade wipes, q-tips, sharpie markers, bushing wrench for 1911, allen wrenches, ziplock bag of range passes, LTCH and Form 4s copies, 30 gallon trash bags (for collecting brass and to cover up range bag, I like the clear ones).

I used to use Waller & Sons range bags (no longer made), best ones on the planet. I now use a 5.11 range bag, very happy with it.

You need muffs that cover the ears, not not plugs. Noobs wear plugs but do not know that sound is conducted along the bones in addition to the ear canals. Cover your ears.

Get some baby wipes to clean your hands. You will not poison yourself in one session but it will build up over time. Clean yourself during and after shooting. Wash your hands in cold water, wash your clothing and then take as cold a shower as you can stand.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Noobs only take muffs, I take muffs and plugs , get stuck beside a guy with a 340 weatherby that has a muzzle brake and you will want both.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i have two range bags depending on the shoot, a small purse like deal from SOE, and a dual carbine bag from voodoo, which is also UTG and drago i believe. both hold a buttload of stuff. besides guns and mags and ammo, i usually pack binoculars and a multi tool.

ear and eye protection, and targets, i keep in my truck toolbox.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Thanks Kirk! I that a lot of the stuff that you keep in your bag. Just never dawned on me to keep it in the range bag. I use a plastic ammo box that has storage in lid. I keep gun specific tools in lid along with several sets of foam ear plugs, I had a father ask me one time if I had extra set set for his son. He forgot to bring enough with him. I have two staplers, a paper stapler to attach targets together, and a construction stapler to tack targets up on wood. One range that I go to uses chicken wire and clothes pins for targets. So, I keep extra clothes pins, too. A Leatherman M.U.T., gun lube Extra staples for both staplers, Mechanics gloves, rags, and ammo.

After reading the posts, there are several more items to add. Guess I will need to use separate bag for ammo.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    In my range bag I keep:
    1 to 2 handguns
    3 to 4 magazines for each handgun
    Eyes and ears
    Gun mat
    Brass bag
    Stick on and staple on targets
    Staple gun and thumb tacks and tape
    Pens and sharpies
    A few boxes of ammo
    First aid kit
    Bottle of water
    A small cleaning kit

I use a Midway USA bag and it works fine. I keep most of my rifle stuff, mags and ammo, in a 5.11 rifle bag.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have a range storage tote on wheels. Bought a BIG arse storage tote with wheels built into it at Lowes. I keep my range bag(with the items mentioned previously in this thread) in the tote along with my Caldwell bench rest bags, paper targets. I also carry an old Army blanket in it. I use that to lay on top of the bench to help guard against scratching the rifles and cut down on splinters from the bench top.By using the tote I always know where all my range stuff is. It is always in one tote in one location. I just roll the tote out, load it and the rifles in the truck and go shooting. Works for me.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OP: Please check YouTube. There are hundreds of videos coverting this subject.

My Nephew uses his College backpack with nothing more than one firearm, some targets and ammo, ear and eye protection. Nothing fancy.

Top Bottom