What's On Your Current "I Want It!" List?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    OK.....you guys be the judge...
    Lau9eQt.jpg

PZ7DbQK.jpg

qx6i641.jpg

It really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says.....whether they like it or hate it. As long as you like it and you are satisfied with it, that is all that matters. Now to the knife: I like the look, and I'm digging the overall profile, especially the blade profile. IMO, it's not to busy. I don't care for the linen micarta inserts on the handle....they seem out of place for a knife that is styled to be "tactical" or have the more modern folder look. I like linen micarta on my outdoor/bushcraft type knives....just my preference. Overall, I like the knife a lot, but I'm not a big fan of the person behind it (the maker). :twocents:

Note: Linen Micarta will absorb just about everything that it comes in contact with......sweat, blood, and anything else. To keep it looking fresh, use a toothbrush with dish washing soap and scrub it clean when needed, When something like blood gets on it (note to Rhino), it's important to clean it ASAP before it sets in permanently. Just make sure that after you are done cleaning the micarta that you dry the knife completely out......compressed air will be your friend. If you can remove the micarta inserts to clean, that would be the way to go to avoid any water/soap getting into other areas of the knife. If water/soap does get into other areas of the knife, make sure you re-lube the pivot and locking mechanism after you dry it out.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I really want to order a Winkler belt knife. At this point, it's higher on my list than a Strider.

Very cool. I've been a fan of his work since he did the knives for "Last of the Mohicans."

It really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says.....whether they like it or hate it. As long as you like it and you are satisfied with it, that is all that matters. Now to the knife: I like the look, and I'm digging the overall profile, especially the blade profile. IMO, it's not to busy. I don't care for the linen micarta inserts on the handle....they seem out of place for a knife that is styled to be "tactical" or have the more modern folder look. I like linen micarta on my outdoor/bushcraft type knives....just my preference. Overall, I like the knife a lot, but I'm not a big fan of the person behind it (the maker). :twocents:

Note: Linen Micarta will absorb just about everything that it comes in contact with......sweat, blood, and anything else. To keep it looking fresh, use a toothbrush with dish washing soap and scrub it clean when needed, When something like blood gets on it (note to Rhino), it's important to clean it ASAP before it sets in permanently. Just make sure that after you are done cleaning the micarta that you dry the knife completely out......compressed air will be your friend. If you can remove the micarta inserts to clean, that would be the way to go to avoid any water/soap getting into other areas of the knife. If water/soap does get into other areas of the knife, make sure you re-lube the pivot and locking mechanism after you dry it out.

Those are excellent points! That's also why micarta give such a great grip when your hands are wet. In fact, you probably get a better grip on micarta when it's a little wet. If you have a knife where having a good grip matters when your hands are wet, micarta is the way to go.

I actually like how micarta looks after it has some miles on it and has some discoloration, but I'm weird.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I gave up on trying to keep the micarta clean on my knives...probably doesn't matter since all of them with the exception of one are users. I'm starting to like the "character" that develops after using them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I gave up on trying to keep the micarta clean on my knives...probably doesn't matter since all of them with the exception of one are users. I'm starting to like the "character" that develops after using them.

I am not seen me use this one very much. ZT0301 rides with me everywhere I go and the ProTech tactical is my "Dress" carry.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Weird? Sure. But not alone.

You're weird too!

You also can't really tell that a stain is blood unless you know what blood-stained micarta looks like. It look like an interesting pattern! Of course, I only have my blood on mine. My pre-ESEE RAT 4 is much darker than new just from oils and perspiration from my chubby little mitts. I like the way it looks.

Could be interesting someday if DNA can be extracted from blood embedded in micarta!

I am not seen me use this one very much. ZT0301 rides with me everywhere I go and the ProTech tactical is my "Dress" carry.

Mwa-hahahahah!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're weird too!

You also can't really tell that a stain is blood unless you know what blood-stained micarta looks like. It look like an interesting pattern! Of course, I only have my blood on mine. My pre-ESEE RAT 4 is much darker than new just from oils and perspiration from my chubby little mitts. I like the way it looks.

Could be interesting someday if DNA can be extracted from blood embedded in micarta!

Mwa-hahahahah!

The ProTech also sees some EDC as well as the ZT. Rhino I believe you are effecting me in some weird multiple knife way.
    Thee Godfather might step into the dress up carry. The PT is getting worked.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That looks really good DM, I love the harpoon style blade. Not put that bad boy in your pocket and give it some character patina!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The ProTech also sees some EDC as well as the ZT. Rhino I believe you are effecting me in some weird multiple knife way.
    Thee Godfather might step into the dress up carry. The PT is getting worked.

See, now we need to get you to embrace "one is none; two is one" for daily carry.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I spent about half an hour servicing my EDC's.
    Yes Rhino I carry 2 knives every day. If you look real close at the blades I work them.

Bp2wTir.jpg
    You off your meds again? I click the link in your post and it goes to a classy add for slowg’s Aero AR? When I quote your post I get a picture of Blades? This ain’t funny old guy, you’re messing with my sanity now?

Now your post has a picture in it instead of a link?????

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You off your meds again? I click the link in your post and it goes to a classy add for slowg’s Aero AR? When I quote your post I get a picture of Blades? This ain’t funny old guy, you’re messing with my sanity now?

Now your post has a picture in it instead of a link?????

When I posted up the Imgur link did not take. That was the last link in my computer so I did a quick edit.
    I lost my meds. Honest.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Fox 479 karambit is next on the chopping block.. after that, I'll find Brad and buy an ESEE 4 or 5, can't make up my mind. Not a whole lot else has caught my eye enough that I feel I "need" it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Fox 479 karambit is next on the chopping block.. after that, I'll find Brad and buy an ESEE 4 or 5, can't make up my mind. Not a whole lot else has caught my eye enough that I feel I "need" it.

The ESEE 4 and ESEE 5 are very different! One is a perfect general purpose belt knife and the other is a metal 2X4 with a sharp edge. You need BOTH!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The ESEE 4 and ESEE 5 are very different! One is a perfect general purpose belt knife and the other is a metal 2X4 with a sharp edge. You need BOTH!

I still want a 4 with the blade thickness of a 3.

Every once in a while I take my 5 out to the woods just to **** **** up. I’ve cut down 5” thick dead trees and split wood with that thing.

Top Bottom