"Property rights grumble grumble grumble."
    :ingo:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Unless it's your neighbor and his property.

She has a property right to her body and has the right not to put her body in a debate.

I believe in property rights. If you are against her decision, then you are against property rights.

I am the REAL friend of liberty.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    She has a property right to her body and has the right not to put her body in a debate.

I believe in property rights. If you are against her decision, then you are against property rights.

I am the REAL friend of liberty.

How tall is her grass?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is laughable.

This is truth.

Others in this thread will force another, at the point of a bowcaster apparently, someone to do something that they do not wish to do.

Without ownership of yourself you have no liberty and no property rights.

You may not agree with her, but despite the desires of some other political views, she is not the property of another.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, can we dispense with the "Libertarians are different" nonsense now?

Time and time again they show themselves to be exactly the same as everyone else. Everyone wants to sit on the throne and tell others what to do--taxes, health care, debates.

Libertarians are just like every other political party: put us on the throne and we will boss people around.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Debates seldom occur unless the race is perceived to be close or the leader can see some political advantage. Thus, it's a common tactic to challenge the leader in the race to a debate or series of debates in the hopes of gaining more votes. Carlos May is using that exact strategy in the 7th District to try to unseat Andre Carson (Go Carlos!)

If you're leading the race, avoiding a debate is a matter of strategy/tactics which may or may not be effective, and/or unpopular, depending upon whose ox is being gored, of course.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Oh, can we dispense with the "Libertarians are different" nonsense now?

Time and time again they show themselves to be exactly the same as everyone else. Everyone wants to sit on the throne and tell others what to do--taxes, health care, debates.

Libertarians are just like every other political party: put us on the throne and we will boss people around.

Who's bossing anyone around? All mrjarrell did was point out that a candidate is refusing to debate an opposing candidate. I'll bet if Obama refused to debate Romney during the campaign it would be all over INGO about what a piece of poop he is. In fact, I'll bet if mrjarrell had posted a thread about Andre Carson doing the same thing in his own district, there would be a chorus of agreement from almost everyone who frequents the political forum. I honestly would like to know why some members on INGO get so defensive when anyone criticizes a republican for anything.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Debates seldom occur unless the race is perceived to be close or the leader can see some political advantage. Thus, it's a common tactic to challenge the leader in the race to a debate or series of debates in the hopes of gaining more votes. Carlos May is using that exact strategy in the 7th District to try to unseat Andre Carson (Go Carlos!)

If you're leading the race, avoiding a debate is a matter of strategy/tactics which may or may not be effective, and/or unpopular, depending upon whose ox is being gored, of course.

+1

I am glad that I read to the end of the thread prior to responding. My comment would have been very similar to this.

If one is a sure thing and only stands to lose ground, where is the motivation or reason to debate? That would not be a good strategy and would leave one to wonder what is wrong with their decision making process...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've never trusted Susan Brooks since I saw her being endorsed by Chris Christie.

At most, we'll end up with a RINO Representative to US Congress that we'll never be able to trust.

Say what you want about Dan Burton, but I KNOW I'll be watching by back more when he's gone than I was when he was in.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My vote is going to Scott Reske the DEM. I have personally know him and his family since I was 12. War vet, all around good guy.

Bash away the lady should debate. At least there is one debate.

The redistricting jurymandering has made this seat a real toss up as you have the carmel very R area and the Anderson.muncie verY D area in the same race. Should be a tighter race than ne would think/

Top Bottom