• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite compact .45 is a Kimber Compact. It's got the officer sized grip and a 4" barrel. It's one of the nicest carry guns I have. The Glock 30sf is not a bad choice if you are Ok with the width of the gun. I have a G29 that I like a whole lot, but it's a fat gun. To me, fat makes a gun tough to conceal IWB. Add the thickness of a good IWB holster to an already fat gun and you look noticeably oblong when carrying it.

The Kimber is nice and slim and conceals nicely. Then again, with as good looking a gun as a 1911 is, it's a shame to conceal. The beauty of a 1911 should be shared so those that carry Glocks get to see a nice looking gun too.

Another good choice is the Bersa Thunder 45UC. Those are good guns that work well. They are not as thin as 1911, but not as thick as a G30. The G36 is a good choice too if you are Ok with no mag options other than the 6 round mags it comes with.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    88E30M50 said:
    My favorite compact .45 is a Kimber Compact.
    Springfield Ultra Compact
    I go for tradition and reliability I carry a Colt 1911 Commander light weight. . .
    All of which use patents developed by Detonics :rockwoot:

Kinda heavy at 36oz empty but, dang (!) that's nice!

What's the street price on those?

Wear a decent gun belt and you won't feel the weight. I've carried all steel full size 1911s with a good gun belt, never an issue if the carry rig is decent.

Street price on that gun is $1500.00.

Took ya long enough:D
    Its high school fencing season, I'm busy with coaching, weapon repair and tournaments so I'm not on INGO as much as I'd like.

Last edited:

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I'm a real big fan of my Colt Night Defender:

2012-07-11181902.jpg

Lower right.....

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I liked my Springfield MicroCompact Loaded. It carried well and was all metal. If you're a 1911 fan you should take a look. I carried mine IWB in a SuperTuck.

I'm big enough that I carry a HK45C in warmer weather and when it is colder out I carry my Sig 220 Elite in a Miami Classic shoulder rig. I've never felt I needed to carry anything smaller. I prefer to carry a SA/DA weapon over a 1911.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Schools are already "gun-free" zone and now you guys are putting up FENCES? WTH ??

And what are you doing with weapons at school?

No, you hillbilly, fencing, ya know sword fightin. They probably do it after cricket and before afternoon tea.:D

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Depends on how compact you want. The usp 45 compact or the hk45c are both verry nice guns. But hk's version of compact isn't the most compact. Both are based of the 1911 I think. They have similar fire controls with the option for a decocker. They are verry reliable and will shoot any ammo you can feed them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom