What's the Best Point and Shoot Digital Camera under $200?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Just as the title suggests, I'm looking for a little point and shoot digital camera to use when I don't want to lug the wife's Nikon D5100 around. Clear, crisp images and quick shutter speed are important to me, but I would like a smaller, more portable, cheaper camera to take out and about without the worry of the bigger and costlier Nikon.

I've been pretty satisfied with the pictures from Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras, so I know those are typically safe bets. Casio seemes to have some good reviews for their Exilim series cameras, as does Panasonic for their Lumix line. I've not handled much if anything in the way of an Olympus or Fuji, although I'm sure they're both more than capable of making fine cameras.

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Just as the title suggests, I'm looking for a little point and shoot digital camera to use when I don't want to lug the wife's Nikon D5100 around. Clear, crisp images and quick shutter speed are important to me, but I would like a smaller, more portable, cheaper camera to take out and about without the worry of the bigger and costlier Nikon.

I've been pretty satisfied with the pictures from Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras, so I know those are typically safe bets. Casio seemes to have some good reviews for their Exilim series cameras, as does Panasonic for their Lumix line. I've not handled much if anything in the way of an Olympus or Fuji, although I'm sure they're both more than capable of making fine cameras.
    I picked up a GE Pro Power a couple of weeks ago. I'm really satisfied with it. And I don't think you can beat the price.

Amazon.com: GE Power Pro X500-BK 16 MP with 15 x Optical Zoom Digital Camera, Black: Camera & Photo

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Nikon have a great camera, especially in the DSLR models. The Coolpix are good. The only problem with the L24 I have found is the in high res modes, the camera will "freeze" for a couple of seconds while processing the image. I work for a company that make underwater camera housings and sell tons of these cameras. That is the only complaint from people about the camera.
    Canon point and shoots are good, but I think the Nikon is better in the long run. Plus if you have to send it in for repair, Nikon will talk to you on the phone or via email, Canon will not.

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Nikon have a great camera, especially in the DSLR models. The Coolpix are good. The only problem with the L24 I have found is the in high res modes, the camera will "freeze" for a couple of seconds while processing the image. I work for a company that make underwater camera housings and sell tons of these cameras. That is the only complaint from people about the camera.
    Canon point and shoots are good, but I think the Nikon is better in the long run. Plus if you have to send it in for repair, Nikon will talk to you on the phone or via email, Canon will not.

Excellent advice, that is exactly the type of information I'm talking about!

BTW, ikelite?

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Samsung camera with a cell phone.
    They have come a long way.

For cameras, year or two old technology is
    cheaper and adequate.

Thanks

Mark

Top Bottom