• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndrewBrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    i am currently applying for my Indiana handgun permit and have a question. What's the difference between the hunting/target and personal protection? (besides price) I just want a permit to carry anywhere I want. What's the best option for me? I'm getting a lifetime just like my hunting and fishing license :P

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    im terribly sorry for the inconvenience

IT's not an inconvenience at all. Just trying to direct you to an exhaustive source of information. If you hang around (which I hope you do) on this forum, you'll see this same or very similar question pop up on a regular basis.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    i am currently applying for my Indiana handgun permit and have a question. What's the difference between the hunting/target and personal protection? (besides price) I just want a permit to carry anywhere I want. What's the best option for me? I'm getting a lifetime just like my hunting and fishing license :P

If you're wanting to carry, get the LIFETIME personal protection license. It costs some extra, but you don't have to worry about going through the renewal process every 4 years. However you won't be able to carry where ever you want though even with the license. There are many threads on where you can carry and where you can't. Good thing about Indiana, the places where you can't are less numerous than many other states.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Okay, everyone . . . . Indiana does not have Concealed Carry Permits. They are a License to Carry Handgun. And one can carry how they wish. CC or OC.

There, no need to go back over this.

Go with Personal Protection. You can carry anywhere legal at any time.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    With the changes in the law a few years ago that now allows unloaded transportation to and from the range, the "hunting/target" license is basically obsolete and shouldn't even be offered. Those foolish enough to apply for one are paying for a privilege they already possess.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    With the changes in the law a few years ago that now allows unloaded transportation to and from the range, the "hunting/target" license is basically obsolete and shouldn't even be offered. Those foolish enough to apply for one are paying for a privilege they already possess.

And those of us that paid for the LTCH were foolish enough to pay the state for a right that's inalienable but that's a topic for another day.
    OP, as has already been pointed out its called a LICENSE in Indiana. If you say permit here some members immediately have a seizer and start running into walls cursing. They just can't understand what you mean.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And those of us that paid for the LTCH were foolish enough to pay the state for a right that's inalienable but that's a topic for another day.
    OP, as has already been pointed out its called a LICENSE in Indiana. If you say permit here some members immediately have a seizer and start running into walls cursing. They just can't understand what you mean.

The spelling nazis will have an aneurism with your post too. :D

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Some of the local police departments paperwork still calls it a permit.

license or permit, call it what you want. I call it my unconstitutional permission slip to exercise my natural right. And the final kick in the teeth is you have to pay for it. Just as bad as having to pay property tax rent on property that I ****ing own

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Some of the local police departments paperwork still calls it a permit.

license or permit, call it what you want. I call it my unconstitutional permission slip to exercise my natural right. And the final kick in the teeth is you have to pay for it. Just as bad as having to pay property tax rent on property that I ****ing own

Do you REALLY own the property? Paid in full? If not, then somebody else owns your property until you pay off the debt.

Taxes are another matter ... elect better representation (maybe run yourself) and they can all go away.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I try to kill off as many of them daily as possible :):

32119264.jpg

Top Bottom