What's the fallout been from the EOTech reliability issues?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Same, I'll never own another again, better optics out there for similar price, Aimpoint, Trijicon, hell I'd feel more confident in the Sig optics.

The Vudu line though is semi interesting though

If you want something eotech-ish but not an Eotech, there is the Vortex AMG UH-1 too

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    All you guys who never want one again...

Have you gotten the $22.50 voucher from the settlement? I don't know if they can be combined, but if so, we should put them all together and buy something for a Christmas sweepstakes/giveaway.

Last edited:

Radtgaeb

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    All you guys who never want one again...

Have you gotten the $30 voucher from the settlement? I don't know if they can be combined, but if so, we should put them all together and buy something for a Christmas sweepstakes/giveaway.

Yeah, I got one last week, too. I doubt they'd allow them to be combined though, seems they've probably hemorrhaged enough money as of late...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    They claim to have fixed the issue, but for the money I think there are better options out there like the trijicon mro.

I had an effected model 512 that I sold with a rifle, I never noticed any drift on my poi after pulling the rifle out of a hot trunk and shooting in cold temps... I do have 2 brand new exps' that are some of my favorite optics. I got both for under 800 and am waiting on 150 worth of rebates now. I do not think the exps can be beat in the 325 dollar range. I cant go back to shooting a single dot optic, I do like my meprolight m21 with the target reticle tho.

I have seen zero drift in my new eotechs running lots of rounds on hot days after pulling them out of an airconditioned trunk. YMMV, but the 75 dollar rebate good for two optics makes them a great deal. Being able to get a rebate on two of them allows me to keep my carbine and my hd optics the same.

Top Bottom