• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    One lone individual will have an almost impossible task ahead of him or her trying to survive any SHTF scenerio. On the other hand, a small group of determined people can do amazing things. Think of the 300 Spartans. While their military strategy was superb, that wasn't the main resource they carried into battle. It was the unwaivering knowledge that any 1 of them would willingly give his life for any 1 of the others. No questions asked.

And to recieve such loyalty, you have to be willing to do the same. The question is, are you?

When you start talking about having "friends" to help you in a SHTF situation, these are the kind of people you want around you. Not some "opportunist" or social butterfly.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    One lone individual will have an almost impossible task ahead of him or her trying to survive any SHTF scenerio. On the other hand, a small group of determined people can do amazing things.
    I think in the pioneer days this was called a "family" and families would trade amongst one another for things they were unable to produce on their own.....outside of my family, I think we would need VERY little help or support from others. Well, until procreation is required anyways....

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I think in the pioneer days this was called a "family" and families would trade amongst one another for things they were unable to produce on their own.

We still call it that, and still do that. We also have property in 4 states, and more guns than most 3rd world countries. Big families rule!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am slowly building up my 'family' of people. The problem becomes trust in the long term. I have thought that a few were the real deal. They talked... and then they showed their true colors. I dump people easier than I gather them.

My own family, besides the extended, are on the edge as well. One minute they are all for it, the next they are just wanting to buy the next toy instead. Getting buy-in is tough. Keeping it is tougher.

Unfortunately I am not close and accessible to a lot of the MSG people. Although survival is important, logistics rule during a non-emergency most times. Even in my own close blood family I don't see the buy-in all the time. My children have dropped the idea, unless it is a fun exercise. My wife doesn't complain about my preps, buys some stuff on her own, but has decided that the heavy training doesn't fit her plans any longer.

Back to the original question though... I would have to say that there are too many variables to just say that I would do this or that. Long list depending on what the situation was. Guess I would pull all the go gear out and have it by the door... then see if it was a go or no go situation.

Top Bottom