• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Nothing I own currently besides my incoming 7mm-08 could be considered "loud" - but a shooting buddy has a .375 H&H and with the muzzle brake open, it'll scare people out of bed a quarter mile away. Even with double ears it's painful.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    8" Mortar. and yes that is 8" diameter. I used to shoot fireworks shows. That sucker would suck up debris from the ground with it when it went up and make you feel like you got punched in the stomach. I know it's not "technically" a gun but I couldn't resist. In the old days we would load shells into the mortars immediately after it had been fired to prepare for the next firing sequence. A true come to Jesus moment is experienced when a shell ignites from debris in the mortar and either propels into the air or "flower pots" out of your hand. Flower potting is when the shell actually bursts in the mortar and all of the " pretty ooohhhs and aaahhhh's" go up in your face. I was taught early on to keep all body parts away from the muzzle of the mortar!

41mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Carmel
    I don't know if it's the loudest but my .50BMG bullpup is an eye opener if you have never fired one , the concussive affect of burning 210-250 grains of powder will set off car alarms at 80 yards at least till those owners finally get tired of resetting and disable it.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Marlin Guide Gun, 45-70 with short ported barrel, especially with hot hand loads. Bites at both ends. Hard to get good Crono readings as the muzzle blast shakes the crono and after about 10 rounds, your shoulder is ready for an ice pack. But, the thing is still a blast to shoot.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    m44 mosin hell any mosin is insanely loud.
    though my 9mm in my kitchen made me deaf in both ears for about 3min and the left one rang for a good 2hrs followed by 3 days of a really bad headach. Stupid single load shotshells by cci and raccoons. oh yeah and they spread a good 5ft at 10ft from the barrel if your wondering. yeah nuff said.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom