• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    Easy question for me to answer. S&W 340PD .357 magnum 13oz of pure hell. Gun was made to be carried all the time and shot very little. Shooting Federal low recoil hi engery Hydra-shocks 125 grains .357 magnums. I carried that little weapon for a long time before retiring it to the gun safe for a Kahr PM 9.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Easy question for me to answer. S&W 340PD .357 magnum 13oz of pure hell. Gun was made to be carried all the time and shot very little. Shooting Federal low recoil hi engery Hydra-shocks 125 grains .357 magnums. I carried that little weapon for a long time before retiring it to the gun safe for a Kahr PM 9.

This^.

I ran 5 158 grn JSP .357's through one and my hand was numb and an old cut had broken open afterward.

Joe

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I have a Taurus 617 357 mag. its a 2" ported barrel 7 shot. It kicks like a little mule. I love it. The kick is part of the fun for me. I know I'm a sick puppy, but it gets me through.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    TC handgun in 45-70... it was wild... I knew it was gonna be wild so I was prepared and still about lost my grip on it.

The kid (about 20 y.o.) that shot it after me wasn't so prepared. He came away with a really bad case of scope bite. Blood was gushing everywhere... it had to cut him to the bone I'm sure... the nurse that was present recommended that he go get stitches for it... but I don't think he did.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    2 of mine

I only had 2 that I can think of that actually really hurt. one was a simple T/C contender with the old style wood grips with a 10 inch octagon 30/30 barrel. I am not sure why, but that was just punishing. The other was like the original poster, a 45/70 derringer. It was a handful with the 405 gr remington factory loads, but then we tried the 300 grain federal hollow points in it, and wow... 2 or 3 rounds is all that I could take. the difference in recoil on those 2 factory loads was amazing. The only other thing I ever shot that was absolutely bad was an old Ithaca Mag-10 roadblocker. Shooting the 10 ga slugs, it's the only rifle or shotgun that knocked my glasses clean off when I shot it....every time..lol.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    M&P 340 with 357, 158gr, Remington jsp. Especially the first few times I shot it.

I watched a Jerry Miculek video once where he was firing a 500. He said on bigger, heavier recoiling rounds, he liked to hold low. Never tested his theory because I never had anything bother me till the M&P 340. I only shot it ONCE holding high- his theory does help when shooting it. I can manage a full TWO cylinders of 357 full house before going back to 38sp now:D.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Also had a Taurus 2 inch snubby in 44 magnum, non ported. Five rounds on 300 grainers and my hand would ask me to please put it down.

Michld01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why do you think this is the case? Is it revolver weight, the round, the frame and grips? I've heard a lot of people say that 454 is more vicious, just curious.

I know 454 revolver does weigh less, so that would increase the felt recoil. Also, the S&W 500 I shot was compensated, so that might of had something to due with it too.

Top Bottom