What's the most painful thing you've had to do to yourself?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hiking / caving trip in Mexico resulted in some form of trench foot. I realized I had a huge blister on the back right heel and up near the pinky toe and then on the other foot I just had another big one on the back. The only thing to do was to cut them open, pour some rubbing alcohol in there and then rest for a day. The worst part was the walk back to our trucks some 20+ miles away.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    In 2003, wiped out on my Goldwing on a sandy exit ramp at 55 - 60mph and high-sided (left the bike airborne). Hit the pavement head first. Nine fractured ribs. Helmet saved me, but life was very painful for several weeks, slept in a chair for two months.

DSCN0016.jpg

Last edited:

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Catching the Indiana Trouser Snake in the zipper. Honestly, the tip was zipped into the zipper. Took a couple of minutes to "undo" my mistake. Seriously, the most stressful couple minutes of my life. I'm never careless when zipping now.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Me and a friend got sucked underneath an undertow on the river, it pulled our fishing gear poles everything under the water with us, under the water there had been a tree that was snagging us our boat our lifejackets had to be ripped off under water but the worst part the fishing poles had lures on them as we got sucked under the water two lures snagged and was ripping my skin under water, these lines were 15 20 lb test they simply were not going to just snap. Under the water i had to pull / rip the barbed tri hooks out from my arm, we both made it to shore, lost approx 500$ in fishing gear and two 4 inch ripps in my arm, when i climbed back to shore you would have thought ive been bit by a shark, blood was pouring down my arm and fingers, I did get a little dizzy from all the excitement puked and layed in the sand for a few minutes, some fellas down the river found our boat and gave me some duct tape and paper towels to clean up with, the rest or the trip ended up good despite almost drowning and ripping lures outta my arm.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I had a knot in the middle of my back from the time I was a little kid. Really small. About the size of a pea. Never caused any pain or anything. About a year ago it started hurting and growing. In a couple days time it suddenly got to be about the size of a baseball embedded into my back (seriously) before I decided to cut it open. Not only was it incredibly painful but it required a level of flexibility I didn't even know I had....oh and a lot of mirrors.

Good Man :yesway:
    Doctor removed my 1st one that took 40 years to grow, it came back exponentially in a few years. I'm Not that flexible so I had the wife cut it out with an Exacto knife, so far so good :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had a butt load of injury's over my life time. I am the master of butterfly wound closing to get off the job and get stitches (or not)
    I have pulled glass shard from my foot that went from bottom and out the top. Again...butterfly's and no stitches. Too many injury's to remember.

Worst self inflicted was a motorcycle get off at well over 100 MPH into a corn field in the fall. The corn probably saved my life but a full grown ear of corn is harder than a baseball bat at those speeds. I was bruised up beyond description through fall and well into the winter. I still have issues from that incident.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Another ingrown toenail surgeon here. Cut it out with a pocket knife and tweezers when I was a kid.

As an adult I removed the stitches from my infected "undercarriage" after a vasectomy. Self-absorbing stitches my a**.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I decided to wear a lawnmower when I was loading it into the back of my truck. I landed on my back, mower still running, supporting it with my legs. I rolled on my side and kicked it off. I ended up with two massive bruises on the inside of my thighs, pulled skin away from the muscle on my back, and wrenched my back out.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I decided to wear a lawnmower when I was loading it into the back of my truck. I landed on my back, mower still running, supporting it with my legs. I rolled on my side and kicked it off. I ended up with two massive bruises on the inside of my thighs, pulled skin away from the muscle on my back, and wrenched my back out.
    Oh, dear god, it took me a moment to realize you meant a riding lawnmower, not a pushmower.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I also have done a few ingrown toenail self-surgeries. In fact, I've been putting off the one I have now. I use a Dremel rotary tool with a precision diamond bit to cut a slit straight down the side of the nail. Then its all grinding my teeth from there. Small pliers to grip the tip, then I roll the nail back. It helps to soak the nail in an aqueous solution first to soften the nail a little after the initial cut with the Dremel. Alcohol or hydrogen peroxide after that, either way, it feels like you're sticking your toe in an open flame. Once you pour it on, there is no going back.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Once I got a large splinter under my fingernail all the way down to the cuticle. I didn't want to leave work to have a doctor remove it, so I took a rusty box knife and cut enough of my fingernail away to get hold of it and pull it out. There were some cold sweats going on.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I also have done a few ingrown toenail self-surgeries. In fact, I've been putting off the one I have now. I use a Dremel rotary tool with a precision diamond bit to cut a slit straight down the side of the nail. Then its all grinding my teeth from there. Small pliers to grip the tip, then I roll the nail back. It helps to soak the nail in an aqueous solution first to soften the nail a little after the initial cut with the Dremel. Alcohol or hydrogen peroxide after that, either way, it feels like you're sticking your toe in an open flame. Once you pour it on, there is no going back.

i have one i actually saw the doctor for. he poured something in there that halted its growth and hasn't come back for 20 years. was totally excruciating for three days tho.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I dug a .177 cal pellet out of my leg after my "friend" shot me point blank as a joke. It hurt pretty bad getting short but digging it out hurt like hell. It stopped in my knee cap and I'm pretty sure it was stuck into it. I used a razor blade and some ice cubes to dull the pain. Still it hurt real bad. I didn't hang out with him after that.

The second happened when I was in MMI in Orlando, FL. I worked at the Office Depot supply warehouse and we had to cut steel bands off of pallets that were loaded with supplies. I snipped one and grabbed ahold of it and pulled it. Normally they slide right off this one was stuck and the sharp edge cut through my glove and opened a wound in my hand that was deep enough that I could watch the muscle and ligaments (atleast that what I thought I was seeing) move inside my hand when I moved my fingers. It didn't hurt at all at first, infact I remember just kinda standing there watching stuff move in my hand for a second. Then I almost blacked out. I pulled myself together and got some gauze out of the first aid kit and wrapped my hand up with it and some packaging tape. I told my boss what happened and he sent me home and told me to go to the hospital. Instead I went to CVS and got some more gauze and some butterfly bandages and some alcohol. I never took anytime off work or school. I just kept changing the dressing and kept it clean. Working on bikes with a bum hand SUCKS! I got a real nasty scar from it but my hand is fine now. I had some troudle opening it fully for about a year afterward.

Top Bottom