What's the most you've spent for a class?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What's the most you've spent for 1 class?

Just tuition.

I've spent $175 for 1 class, but it was for a whole weekend, Sat. and Sun.

That's the most I've spent. I don't think I'd spend more than that, but if ACT ever raised their prices, I'd still take them. :D

Although, I am VERY curious what a $350 class would be like....

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Are you counting just tuition, or all related expenses?

Assuming just tuition, I believe the Pat Rogers/EAG 3-day carbine operators course tops my list at around $600.00.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    275 dollars a piece for my wife and I. it was a two day precision rifle class in the alegany (spelling) mountains in PA.

total round trip including two stops on cabelas on the way their and home, ammo cost, fuel, lodging was around 1k maybe a bit more.

what i learned in the class? that i have all the book knowledge i will ever need about precision shooting and i cannot learn anymore w/out going to the range. my wife gained alot from the class though and it was a really fun trip, i just didnt learn anything new and the trigger time was only marginally valuable because of the altitude we were at will not likely be repeated in indiana.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    $70 for a two day appleseed. Incredible value IMO. I took what I learned at the class, went home and practiced and went from sometimes being effective on a 20" target @ 200 yards to being consistently effective @ 400 yards.

I paid for my buddy to go with me to my first seed just so I didn't have to go alone. Now I've got a buddy who can also shoot like a house on fire.:yesway:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Don't think of it as how much the cost of training costs as much as how costly it might be to NOT have a reasonable amount of training and preparedness for whatever :poop: life throws your way.

I totally agree. I've taken several classes already, and all of them been in the $100-$175 range. And they've all been quality training.

For my financial position, I couldnt afford to take a $500 class. Although I'd love to take one, and if I could afford it, I wouldn't think twice.

Top Bottom