• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MbMinx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indianapolis Area
    OK, now on to something truly ignorant...

My father-in-law has something that helps him load rounds into his magazines. Some kind of metal thing that helps to push down so he can slip the rounds in. What is that called and where can I find one?

Are there any "tricks" to loading a magazine? I have small hands (think about 12-year-old size) and I'm not very strong. The first couple of rounds go in OK, but each successive one gets harder to force down. I've had this problem for about forever, and my Dad would usually just load the magazines for me. I'm a big girl now, and I need to be able to do this for myself.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Magazine loader?
    images

One came with my XD. They make universal ones, and some specific to certain mags. They do help a bit.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I found this video put out by the blog girls <3 guns. She has small hands and this technique seems to work. I would suggest you be very careful here as this looks like it could bust or split a nail easily. I've slipped just loading mags normally and split a nail down into the tender area. (yeow!)

[ame]http://youtu.be/R59DWZcbO6Q[/ame]

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Are you talking about rifle or pistol mags? In the Corps we had magazine loaders that slipped over our AR mag and you could use the stripper clips the rounds came on to put the rounds in a little easier. Of course no one ever used them because they were few and far between and AR mags are stupid easy to load anyways. And carrying stripper clips of 5.56 is virtually pointless.

Looks like this

StripperClipGuideforM16Mag.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom