• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm planning on stopping by the 1500 Saturday looking primarily for a used revolver either in j- or k-frame. Is there a decent selection of used wheel guns? Do you think they'll be around Saturday? What price range can I expect to see? I'd love to hear what y'all saw Friday if you were there.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm planning on stopping by the 1500 Saturday looking primarily for a used revolver either in j- or k-frame. Is there a decent selection of used wheel guns? Do you think they'll be around Saturday? What price range can I expect to see? I'd love to hear what y'all saw Friday if you were there.

I was there on Friday and there are revolvers. The entire selection of guns is a little thin compared to the pre-panic days. I saw a fair amount of revolvers, but I wasn't really watching for them.

I didn't notice J/K frames. The one type of revolver that did stand out in terms of quantity was the Judge. This is the revolver that I thought there was the most of at the show.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I almost settled for a Taurus. That is until I found a nice little Colt Detective Special in .38 for just a few dollars more.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I saw several j-k frame size revolvers by S&W, Taurus. A few in Rossi & very few in Ruger. Everything was priced at full boat plus some were looking for blue sky too.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I saw several j-k frame size revolvers by S&W, Taurus. A few in Rossi & very few in Ruger. Everything was priced at full boat plus some were looking for blue sky too.
    "Revolvers!! Git jur revolvers before the semi-auto ban. REVOLVERS!!"

Seriously, folks, get them before any more SHTF and they are as hard to find as semi-autos.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    J frames are high, i've been looking as well. The cheapest I saw them was at ZX and even they had them at 419.99 with others around 439.99. It was only a few shows ago everybody had them for around 389.95, sometimes 369.99.

Relay4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Kokomo
    i looked at a S&W model 19-5, 4" with it's blue box. It was in very good condition. They had it marked at $645.00. I'll bet they would have come down a bit closer to $600. I bought an unfired (except at factory) Model 14-3 6" Target Masterpiece instead.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    I bought a S&W Mod 10-5 4 inch at a very good price, just what I was looking for. Saw quite few single action and double action Smith Colt Ruger and others

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I was a bit dis appointed with the show. I was there Friday when they opened the doors. Seems a lot of local stores have given up on the shows. I was looking for revolver grips and there were few to none unless you wanted Smith Wesson Target Grips.

I've found several great revolvers at the shows. But the selection is not as good as it once was. I did see a nice stainless revolver that was interesting but the guy acted as if he wasn't interested in showing it to anyone. I think he must have been suffering from a personality disorder. Anyway I decided that I didn't want to pay a premium internet price for revolvers that was rusted and engraved with owners initials ....... so I moved-on.

There is still a shortage of new current production revolvers ....

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    i looked at a S&W model 19-5, 4" with it's blue box. It was in very good condition. They had it marked at $645.00. I'll bet they would have come down a bit closer to $600. I bought an unfired (except at factory) Model 14-3 6" Target Masterpiece instead.

Came down to $500 and came home with me!

Top Bottom