What's the word on the rock island 1911 45's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Every once in a while I'll stop into a gun store and get the 1911 itch again. When I look at what's out there I seem to keep hearing great things about the Rock Island 45's and I'm considering buying one sometime in the future. If I bought one, I'd buy the full size one that has the wider grip safety, just so I don't have to make that mod later.

If you have one, or have shot one, what do you think of them? Do they feed well with just about any ammo?

jabean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have shot many of them .Large and small frame , Most people I shoot with don't like just the regular combat sights , It does not make me much difference what type of sight on rear they both perform well (combat sights or novac type sights ). I have shot just as good of groups at 50 feet or 25 yards as higher priced colts . Of course it is no Kimber . I still think for the cost if one 45 is all you are looking for at a below 500 cost this is a great choice

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah I missed the boat on getting them for a steal too. It's kind of like when I didn't buy the Saiga 12ga because I wasn't sure it was worth the $300, nib.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If you already bought one: They are TERRIBLE guns. It'll explode in your face, hardly ever fires and if it does you can't hit hte broad side of a barn from 10 feet. YOu should immediately bring it to me to properly dispose of it.

If you are looking to buy: All I have heard is they are great guns for the money.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a RIA Compact and have been very happy with it. It's been reliable and accurate. If I had to sell the collection, it would be one of the last ones to go.

RFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    West side Indy
    i have the tactical and so far i love it. ive put 500 rounds through it in about a month and if shoots very smooth and is more accurate than i am. i got it for $450 in plainfield. my brother owns the officers model and is equally happy. great gun.

Top Bottom