• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    The commercials stop, start again, start in the middle, replay then long brakes when nothing's happening then the commercials are late getting back to the show you're watching and half of a segment is already over. It's like some kid is working the controls. Oh for the old days.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The commercials stop, start again, start in the middle, replay then long brakes when nothing's happening then the commercials are late getting back to the show you're watching and half of a segment is already over. It's like some kid is working the controls. Oh for the old days.
    What commercials? Cable, what is Cable you speak of? ROKU is your friend you get to be your own commercial free programming director.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    And the commercials are being created by morons today. Sometimes I can't even be sure of the product that they are supposed to be advertising.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    What commercials? Cable, what is Cable you speak of? ROKU is your friend you get to be your own commercial free programming director.
    Well we were on Hulu but the subscription run out and then we didn't want to renew it. The only thing I watch is Fox News and Freevee, I love the old classics. We do have Roku but I never watch it. Not sure why.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Well we were on Hulu but the subscription run out and then we didn't want to renew it. The only thing I watch is Fox News and Freevee, I love the old classics. We do have Roku but I never watch it. Not sure why.
    We do have Philo as we refuse to patronize Either Netflix or Hulu.( can not support Disney in any way shape or form.)

Philo has a lot of current programming and content that is very family friendly.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Back before clown world, tv commercials were geared toward whatever programming you were watching. Now, you might be watching a show about a guy gutting a elk, and at the commercial break, you’ll see an ad with a black woman talking about her transgender asian child having plaque psoriasis.

It’s clown world, plain and simple.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I saw this for the first time last night on Amazon Prime. Started watching a movie and about every 15 minutes there would be 2 to 3 minutes of commercials. That sucks! Now if I am watching Pluto or one of the other free streaming channels that is fine. I pay for Prime to watch movies and series not commercials. I know Prime includes "free" shipping and I buy a fair amount from them but not liking this. Jim.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We've had Philo for a few years now. It basically replaced our $200+ ATT Uverse. It has a great selection of channels (but no sports if that's a priority). You can watch shows in real time or "save" them so you can watch episodes on demand. You get over 70 channels for $25/mo. There are several channels that show the old TV shows and movies. They have a free 7-day trial.

P.S. Their commercials suck too.

1690716815175.png

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We pay a few dollars extra per month for the commercial free version of discovery+ and it’s well worth it. Pretty much everything I watch is on one of the channels offered, and when I found out there was a commercial free option, I couldn’t sign up fast enough.

I like watching the show “Alone”, and when the current season started, I watched the first episode on Philo, the last half hour of the show was 2 minutes of show, then a five minute commercial break with nothing but gay bull****. I’ve watched all the rest of the series on discovery+ with zero commercials.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    "Trans" numbers amount to less way than 1% of the population, yet their influence is out of all proportion... I think even gay people are getting pi$$ed about their "influence"
    I saw a YouTube of a guy interviewing gay people in Miami, and everyone he interviewed said the grooming crap in schools and media is ridiculous and needs to stop.

The minuscule percentage of off the deep end mentally ill is seriously hurting the more, ummm, “traditional” gays.

Top Bottom