• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Come to think of it, I saw a cop car hanging out there on the evening people where registering to become members. I think he just may be taking license plate numbers. You never know. :dunno:

you are starting something

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    :laugh:

epicthread.gif

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Went there today to final check my muzzle loader and he was sitting at the gate. I drive up, he looks at me and my truck, then starts typing into his little keyboard next to him. I can only assume he's looking up my trucks registration for some reason or other.
    But maybe I'm just being paranoid, maybe he was just taking a nice break. It was really nice out there today, kinda windy but not too bad.

he was probably laying a JBT ban hammer to some wise guy on INGO :D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did he have a scowl on his face or a maniacal grin? I vote he was laying down the ban hammer, like HICKMAN said.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just curious, where does the club property begin? Is it actually on the other side of the gate or before it?

I'm not a fan of "being monitored" or even appearing to be monitored entering a private club of which I am a member.

I'm not anti police, but it would seem that something like this could go south real quick, since most folks know that tinfoil hats are often issued with a gun purchase. There is just no win (politically/legally or otherwise) in an officer sitting there, "observing".

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Just curious, where does the club property begin? Is it actually on the other side of the gate or before it?

I'm not a fan of "being monitored" or even appearing to be monitored entering a private club of which I am a member.

I'm not anti police, but it would seem that something like this could go south real quick, since most folks know that tinfoil hats are often issued with a gun purchase. There is just no win (politically/legally or otherwise) in an officer sitting there, "observing".

I went back up to the gate and invited him to come on in

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

You could always, oh, I don't know... read the Thread BEFORE posting? :dunno:
    It may be the club's VP, VUPDblue.

facepalm_picard2_reasonably_small.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You could always, oh, I don't know... read the Thread BEFORE posting? :dunno:

facepalm_picard2_reasonably_small.jpg

I did read the thread... it wasn't definitively said it was VuPD before I posted, but in any case, I'm sure there are a bunch of folks who go to MCF&G who won't see this thread (or your nice facepalm pic) and will have similar feelings if they see a police car parked out outside the gate at the club,

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I did read the thread... it wasn't definitively said it was VuPD before I posted, but in any case, I'm sure there are a bunch of folks who go to MCF&G who won't see this thread (or your nice facepalm pic) and will have similar feelings if they see a police car parked out outside the gate at the club,

Police don't go to private ranges? ..and I thought *I* was paranoid :D

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I've always wondered what happens if someone is coming into the club while someone is leaving the club since its a one way road. Does the guy leaving just back all the way up? lol

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've always wondered what happens if someone is coming into the club while someone is leaving the club since its a one way road. Does the guy leaving just back all the way up? lol

I've just pulled to the side in one of the wider areas of the road.

Top Bottom